Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Update - would like some advice - Cyclo Progynova 2mg - Femoston 2/10mg  (Read 2541 times)

Tynkabelle

Hi all

Moderators - thank you for approving me :)

I am new to this forum and was interested if any of you are having the same issues as me.

I am a long time user of HRT - coming up to 19 years and not even 54 years old yet!  (Ovarian cancer as a teenager = premature menopause)
I was on a 15 year plan to take me to the age of 50 and now on a 5 year plan to take me to 55 and then I reassess

My body has been quite happy taking the Cyclo Progynova 2mg for a number of years however 2 weeks ago was told it was "discontinued" - the Dr prescribed a similar alternative and the chemist came back this Monday to say it is discontinued - yesterday the Dr prescribed yet another alternative and we found out that yes, you guessed it - it is discontinued

So I am now a little anxious as after doing research - alot of HRT is no longer available - it is to be expected I guess in the current climate and logistics impacted so drugs can't be made/delivered - I am also hearing that "discontinued" is not strictly correct in some cases and manufacturers are using this word instead of saying its temporarily unavailable

I am also worried as, as of next Monday I was due to start taking the HRT (the type I was on, had a 7 day gap) and according to research it is not a good idea to go cold turkey - 19 years on HRT to nothing  - ok I "may" not have a bad reaction and had planned to try to stop when I got to 55 so not sure if I should have a go now and stop cold ...

Is anyone else still able to get Cyclo Prognynova anywhere?
Has anyone else stopped HRT cold after a long time of taking it?
Is anyone else having trouble getting hold of HRT and having issues trying to find an available alternative?

Many thanks
« Last Edit: July 17, 2020, 09:14:36 PM by Tynkabelle »

Tynkabelle

Re: Trying to get HRT in this current climate
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2020, 12:43:09 PM »

Update - my Dr has managed to get me something called Femoston 2/10mg - Estradiol and dydrogesterone

Going to find out over the next few weeks whether this is going to be an acceptable replacement - family watch out!

Dotty

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2020, 01:46:34 PM »

Hi hope it works ok for you. X

Kathleen

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2020, 01:58:55 PM »

Hello Tynkabelle and welcome to the forum.

Although your circumstances are unusual I can't believe that your problem is unique. Perhaps research menopause clinics and be ready to contact them if you have any trouble. You may of course find that you are fine without your HRT which would be great.

Wishing you well and keep us updated.

K.

Tynkabelle

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2020, 08:09:56 AM »

Many thanks both for your positive vibes 👍

Will provide an update in a few weeks to see how I settle in with the new pill and will also look into a menopause clinic near me.

Tynkabelle

Re: Trying to get HRT in this current climate - Femoston 2/10 mg
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2020, 08:28:22 PM »

Update

Wanted to give an update and ask for advice...

So, today is day 26 of taking Femoston 2/10 mg and I have to say I am having a horrible time :(
I have experienced most of the common symptoms - some being - bloated all the time, weight piled on even though not eating any differently pre taking them - had 2 migraines in this time which is not normal at all, have a slight headache most days, stomach cramps, wind, and today have started a bleed when I am not due for another 9 days.

Would you say it’s safe to say that Femoston 2/10mg is not for me and to stop?
OR is it a case if suck it up as it will settle in a few months?

I have 2 more days to finish the 1st packet and at this moment in time wanting to contact the Drs on Monday to tell them it’s not for me - I’m here on a Friday evening, in bed the past few hours with a splitting headache and feeling sorry for myself, hence this post :(

Would be fab, if anyone can give me advice - stop taking it or persevere longer
Thank you