Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Running out of Evorel...  (Read 3148 times)

KaraShannon

Running out of Evorel...
« on: July 20, 2020, 10:24:57 AM »

Hi everyone

So I have an Evorel (estradiol) slapped on my backside  ;D and it was due to be changed today for a new one (still estradiol), but I was given a mixture of patches during lockdown (they were just doing their best to find what they had at the time, it was at the height of the crisis) and the remaining 3 that I have are the combination patches.  So I can't use them.  I am definitely not due them I've checked and triple checked, etc.

Anyway I used Vagifem today hoping that will help my system a bit (should at least some of it get in the system) and the pharmacy are able to get the patches for me for tomorrow afternoon.

QUESTION, has anyone run out and what effects have they had?  As the patch I'm wearing is still stuck well is it worth leaving it there as it might still be having some effect?

Thanks   :)

KaraShannon

Re: Running out of Evorel...
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2020, 12:29:35 PM »

I'm just wondering whether to try and get reception to speed it up, but I don't want to bother them if it's not likely to have that bad an effect to wait.  (I get palpitations so just don't want too many bad effects).....

Sage 🍃

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2020, 08:01:19 PM »

Hi KaraShannon, I've read some of your posts regarding incontinence, it looks exactly what I'm going through now. Do you still have it?

KaraShannon

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2020, 02:12:40 AM »

Sage, I've not had any further problems.  I imagine the Evorel Sequi is keeping that in check.  I can sneeze now without having to think about it   ;D 

Taz2

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2020, 06:37:57 AM »

Just leave it there until you get your patches tomorrow. It won't do any harm.

Taz x  :)

Sage 🍃

« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2020, 02:57:40 PM »

Thanks, KaraShannon, that's good news, long may it continue. My sneezes are epic.

KaraShannon

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2020, 03:30:07 PM »

Thanks Taz, I got lucky, I didn't want to disturb the surgery but I called the pharmacy and they had been done ahead of time, so I got them..............but I'll know if it happens in future, just leave the patch on that's there in the hope that some oestrogen is getting through.

KaraShannon

« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2020, 03:32:29 PM »

Thanks, KaraShannon, that's good news, long may it continue. My sneezes are epic.

Sage, are you thinking of trying HRT, or are on it? 

If not, or if you don't want to try, I've heard that pumpkin seed essence is quite effective in helping strengthen the pelvic floor too. 

Sage 🍃

« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2020, 03:55:09 PM »

Hi KaraShannon, I'm not on HRT and I don't want to take it. I've tried transdermal in the past and it didn't suit me, besides it made my health anxiety escalate.
Thank you for mentioning pumpkin seed essence, can I buy it online? Would eating pumpkin seeds have the same effect? I love them.
I'm very interested in exercises for tight pelvic floor, I wish someone could tell me where I can find them, the 'relaxing' type. I don't have access to a women's health physiotherapist atm, I thought I could try some relaxing exercises to see if they help and I'm going to buy a small menstrual cup as well.

Taz2

« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2020, 06:48:02 AM »

Thanks Taz, I got lucky, I didn't want to disturb the surgery but I called the pharmacy and they had been done ahead of time, so I got them..............but I'll know if it happens in future, just leave the patch on that's there in the hope that some oestrogen is getting through.

I'm glad you got them.

Taz x 🙂