Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: EVOREL CONTI PATCHES  (Read 2000 times)

AuntyBiz

EVOREL CONTI PATCHES
« on: July 05, 2020, 12:14:04 PM »

Hi all,

It's been a few years since I've posted on here  :)      It's now been two years since I had my last perioed.  I was taking HRT tablets (cant remember which ones) but as the manufacturer kept faffing around with doses and then having difficulty getting them I stopped taking them.

Fast forward and I contacted GP as I still have mood swings and hot flushes.  I thought that once I'd had my last period that was it, menopause over and done with.  Seems I'm wrong.  So, I have been prescribed Evorel Conti patches and have been wearing them for two weeks as of tomorrow.  I feel absolutely bobbins!  My head feels like it's stuffed with cotton wool, talk about brain fog!! I can barely think straight and I am exhausted but then can't sleep.  I had bloods done prior to being prescribed and everything was OK.  Is it usual to feel this rough.  I'm 52, trying to complete job applications and my head is away in the clouds somewhere.  I cannot afford to feel this rough and unfocused.

Any help, advice and sympathy gratefully received!!

Biz

sheila99

Re: EVOREL CONTI PATCHES
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2020, 09:25:13 PM »

Do you feel worse since you started it or just no better? If it's the latter I would give it a bit more time, if the former perhaps evorel doesn't agree with you and you might be better with something else. It's usually the progesterone that causes the problems so the other you could do is to try anything new on a sequi regime first. You'll have a bleed but you'll find out if you feel worse on progesterone.

AuntyBiz

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2020, 03:43:07 PM »

Hi Sheila99   :)

Thank you for your response.  I deffo feel worse and my blood pressure seems to be rising (I'm monitoring this for my GP)  On my fourth patch today, so i will see how this week progresses, but definitely can't continue feeling this dire. xx

QueenofReds3

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2020, 01:29:10 PM »

Hi AuntyBiz
I can resonate to your post. I have been on Evorel Conti now for a month after not doing too well on tablets. I like you have no sleep, walk around in a constant fog. We are the same age and I am too applying for jobs but I just stare at the applications. I have no energy or enthusiasm for anything at all and constantly feel on edge. I say to myself it maybe a combination of worry from what is going on in the world and hormones. I think I will stick to it a little longer . Have you had any dizziness on the patches? I have episodes where if I look down I feel dizzy. Fingers crossed for you.