Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: How much estradiol to equate to 100mg patches  (Read 2839 times)

3isenough

Re: How much estradiol to equate to 100mg patches
« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2020, 04:28:59 PM »

Hi Blue how are you getting on with the coil? I have a Mirena fitting Friday. Can’t get the lower dose as my gp isn’t trained  :-\ whatever that means... I think with the gel I can’t take the full amount (4pumps) in one hit. But spreading it 3/1 am/pm was ok yesterday although I am waking up early!! But I’m not tired in the day so that’s ok. Fingers crossed the Mirena doesn’t sod it all up again...

Blue Kingfisher

« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2020, 04:55:32 PM »

Hi 3isenough,

The fitting itself was much better than I expected but then I did down a modest flask on wine before I went in! I think that helped as I was chatting away whilst the gyne fitted it. I’d be lying if I didn’t admit to a 2 second pain which was uncomfortable but then it was done.

To be honest, we have no idea which coil will suit us best until it’s been in for a while so I really wouldn’t worry about having the Mirena. I totally get where you are coming with with regards to the progesterone dose and being able tolerate 4 pumps oestrogel in one go. I will have to see how it goes with the Kyleena, I’m only on week 5 but trying to find my way as I would expect. I don’t think changing to patches helped that’s for sure!

It could be it works out or it could be the Mirena would suit me better....time will tell! Oh goody!! Let’s try something else to send bu body into turmoil!  >:(

Hopefully it will all work out though  :)

Best of luck on Friday, deep breaths & wine might help if you can tolerate! And yes, mine was an am appointment and I’m very happy to be judged on that!

Have everything crossed for you!

Blue

xxx

3isenough

« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2020, 08:34:49 PM »

Blue you sound like my kinda woman  ;D

Blue Kingfisher

« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2020, 06:32:44 AM »

Best of luck and let us know how you get on x
Pages: 1 [2]