Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: histamine intolerance  (Read 7319 times)

racjen

Re: histamine intolerance
« Reply #30 on: July 11, 2020, 12:25:43 PM »

Folklass, tbh I think it's widely acknowledged that it's impossible to cut out all antihistamine from foods; I'm not aiming for that, but as there are so many hidden or unexpected sources it seems wise to start by at least cutting out all the really obvious ones (but as I said previously, I can't do without a small amount of tea and coffee every day so that's an example of somewhere I'm making a compromise).

Bobidy

« Reply #31 on: July 11, 2020, 01:20:04 PM »

Yes, I think it's about cutting the big hitters and then finding if the others do anything by simple trial and error. It's going to be a long hall I suspect x

Kathleen

« Reply #32 on: July 11, 2020, 05:00:08 PM »

Hello again ladies.

Folklass - I don't have a list of anti oxidant foods but I think the plant kingdom is your best bet lol. I believe some fruit and veg score higher than others and the site I mentioned claimed that apples were good but sage was even better lol. For more information I would just Google 'Foods High in Anti Oxidants'.

Avoiding dairy is always worth a try to see if you feel better without it.

The guy I worked with stipulated that he had to have his apple within 30 minutes of eating the chocolate or he would feel a migraine coming on. I think the healinghistamines.com site suggests this as well.

My knowledge on all this is very limited as I am not a migraine sufferer so please bear that in mind ladies and do your own research on the subject.

Wishing you all well.

K

Pages: 1 2 [3]