Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Norethisterone dosage  (Read 1232 times)

Ghostgirl

Norethisterone dosage
« on: July 10, 2020, 05:49:21 PM »

Hello ladies :)

I just have a quick one.... hopefully someone can give me a quick answer.

I have been very successfully using Femiston 2/10 as my HRT of choice for a couple of years now, but the thing is, since it is a sequential HRT I still have regular periods every month towards the last couple of days of the second pill phase - thats the white progesterone-only ones that you take during the latter 14 days of the packet...

HOWEVER... having not seen my gorgeous man in over 16 weeks due to our having a long-distance relationship and living 160 miles apart (I know right, this lockdown period has vastly increased our FaceTime usage lol!), we are now allowed to meet up again, and have a week booked in to see each other again, so... WHOOP!   

Except that its the exact week my period is due! Lol. 

But anyway I still have almost a full packet of 5mg Norethisterone here at home - which as some of you will already know is the prescription you use if you need to , erm, delay?.. your period for any reason.   The only problem is that the label on the box I have has sorta rubbed off A bit whilst getting shoved around in my medicine cabinet, and I can't recall offhand what the exact dosage is?   I Know you?re meant to start taking it 2 to 3 days prior to the date when your period is due to start, and I THINK that it's either 2, or possibly 3 Pills a day for up to two weeks?   But all I can read on the label is something like, ??Tak* One ***  *imes a *ay maximum 2 wee**?.

Well I hope that make sense and someone either knows/remembers/or even better has a packet at home with the label intact, and can remind me?

Thank you so much in advance x
« Last Edit: July 10, 2020, 05:55:13 PM by Ghostgirl »

Hurdity

Re: Norethisterone dosage
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2020, 07:53:13 PM »

Hi Ghostgirl

Here is the info:

"Postponement of menstruation: 1 tablet three times daily, starting three days before the expected onset of menstruation. Menstruation usually follows within three days of finishing the treatment."

Here's the link:
https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/medicine/7257

Good luck :)

Hurdity x

Ghostgirl

Re: Norethisterone dosage
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2020, 12:12:09 PM »

Brilliant, thanks Hurdity, You are a star, thats exactly the info i as needing.   Of course I did do a little googling for the correct answer, but with so many  profit-related Med-Type sites out there, I just never know who or what to trust.   Here, on this forum, I just knew that someone would have the knowledge or personal experience of Norethisterone, and I was just more comfortable with trusting you lovely ladies on here.  :love: :love: