Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Is it normal for postmeno women on Conti hrt to get breast tenderness?  (Read 1627 times)

Dandelion

Hi

I am on conti hrt, gel and utro. I am 54 in September so postmeno.
Some days I get tenderness in my breasts. Some days only one breast. Some days none at all.
Is this anything to get concerned about? It doesn't hurt as such, just feels tender when I check them.
Thanks
« Last Edit: July 05, 2020, 09:10:27 PM by Dandelion »

dahliagirl

I have had breast tenderness on sequi femoston 2/10 and have moved to conti 1/5.

It has still come and gone but after 6 months it is noticeably improved and I am hoping it will go away over time.

Are you in a good routine?  I used to be on the pill before peri and hrt, and found that it got more and more important to take it exactly on time each day to avoid unwanted effects.

Dandelion

I have had breast tenderness on sequi femoston 2/10 and have moved to conti 1/5.

It has still come and gone but after 6 months it is noticeably improved and I am hoping it will go away over time.

Are you in a good routine?  I used to be on the pill before peri and hrt, and found that it got more and more important to take it exactly on time each day to avoid unwanted effects.
Yes, I take my gel in evening and utro last thing at night.
I cannot clarify if it is normal for post meno women to have breast tenderness as Ive had it for months, and google sites say it isn't normal. thanks

dahliagirl

Breast tenderness has driven me up the wall the last couple of years.

Some bras make it worse.  I have a drawer full of bras I have rejected, some of them quite expensive.  The worst are the balconette ones with side support but a full cup supportive one was bad too after about 3 months.

I now get a much larger cup size and the most natural shape I can find.

I have also had an itchy right nipple that comes with it and it was getting worse.  I had a bit of revelation that it could be thrush last week and used some canesten cream that I had in my cupboard (previously bought when I thought I had thrush of the nethers, only for it to cause burning so it has just sat there since).  So far (fingers crossed) that has helped too.

Hopefully the conti will gradually settle - it has taken the full 6 months for the difference to be noticeable.  There is always something.  :-X

Dandelion

Breast tenderness has driven me up the wall the last couple of years.

Some bras make it worse.  I have a drawer full of bras I have rejected, some of them quite expensive.  The worst are the balconette ones with side support but a full cup supportive one was bad too after about 3 months.

I now get a much larger cup size and the most natural shape I can find.

I have also had an itchy right nipple that comes with it and it was getting worse.  I had a bit of revelation that it could be thrush last week and used some canesten cream that I had in my cupboard (previously bought when I thought I had thrush of the nethers, only for it to cause burning so it has just sat there since).  So far (fingers crossed) that has helped too.

Hopefully the conti will gradually settle - it has taken the full 6 months for the difference to be noticeable.  There is always something.  :-X

Hi
Are you post meno.
Whats worrying me is that I have been post meno ages, and although breasts not a bother, I read that I should not be getting tenderness post meno, been on conti ages.
Breast tenderness makes my breasts feel as if I am getting ready to have a period, this is what is worrying me.
thanks

dahliagirl

I haven't a clue - I am 56 and have been on hrt for the last 6 years so haven't had a "last period"

Since 1 grandma was 51 and the other 50, I am guessing that I probably am now.

Dandelion

I haven't a clue - I am 56 and have been on hrt for the last 6 years so haven't had a "last period"

Since 1 grandma was 51 and the other 50, I am guessing that I probably am now.
Do you get breast tenderness, I'm just trying to establish if it is normal for a post meno woman to get pre-period like breast tenderness?
Thanks

dahliagirl

I have been getting breakthrough bleeding about week 3 of my hrt and that does coincide with breast tenderness.

I don't think hormones stop when your period stops - it is just that they eventually reach a level where the bleeding stops.  That is why some women's periods come and go over a long time.  It is a long term process and your are right,  there is not enough information out there on this.  It is all geared to things going 'wrong'

Does anyone else have this problem?

Dandelion

I have been getting breakthrough bleeding about week 3 of my hrt and that does coincide with breast tenderness.

I don't think hormones stop when your period stops - it is just that they eventually reach a level where the bleeding stops.  That is why some women's periods come and go over a long time.  It is a long term process and your are right,  there is not enough information out there on this.  It is all geared to things going 'wrong'

Does anyone else have this problem?
Are you post meno?
I get pale brown discharge, can't tell if it's slight terracotta, My GP said pale brown or yellow is ok.
I shouldn't even be cycling, I am 54 in September, so way through perimenopause.
Breasts not tender today, they just feel tender to the touch one day, I don't like Googling, but don't wanna waste time going to GP if breast tenderness is normal in post menopausal women on hrt.

Julia Dizzy

Hi Dandelion, I started 2 pumps gel and utrogestan 100mg conti last September for the first time at age 63 9 years post meno and I definitely had sore boobs most of the time!
I have just had an 8 week break from HRT and they have improved, but hot flushes and urinary problems have returned unfortunately so am likely to go back on it.
Decided to ask Dr for an estradot patch to try instead of gel, maybe a 25 strength as suggested by Dr Currie via email??

Anyone suggest a better conti regime?? I don't want to have a bleed.

Dandelion

Hi Dandelion, I started 2 pumps gel and utrogestan 100mg conti last September for the first time at age 63 9 years post meno and I definitely had sore boobs most of the time!
I have just had an 8 week break from HRT and they have improved, but hot flushes and urinary problems have returned unfortunately so am likely to go back on it.
Decided to ask Dr for an estradot patch to try instead of gel, maybe a 25 strength as suggested by Dr Currie via email??

Anyone suggest a better conti regime?? I don't want to have a bleed.
Hi Julia
I didn't like the patches, I needed 75mcg and kept getting a bloody discharge and sweats but no flushes.
With gel I still get sweats and light brown discharge but no blood, well I don't think so unless pink is mingled in with brown.
I don't have a monthly bleed as I don't have the break, I'm addicted to valium and utro is cross tolerant so I cannot have the break as I would go into a serious withdrawal.