Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Coming off HRT  (Read 806 times)

Angie61

Coming off HRT
« on: July 02, 2020, 11:25:59 AM »

Have decided to stop using oestrogel gel as I am experiencing heart palpitations since being on it for the last 2 months.  I have got the dose down to half a pump each night but am not sure what to do next.  Any advice?  Do I now do every other night with half a pump or just stop altogether?

Hurdity

Re: Coming off HRT
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2020, 01:07:06 PM »

Tailing off slowly can help prevent symptoms coming back suddenly, if they are going to. Less shock to the system so maybe go for that option ie alternate days? Are you taking progesterone too or maybe don't have a womb or have a Mirena? Good luck!

Hurdity x

Angie61

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2020, 02:27:30 PM »

Thanks Hurdity, I have had a hysterectomy so on oestrogel only.

Sammiejane

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2020, 09:39:01 AM »

angie 61

i?m on estrogel and contemplating the same myself have had hysterectomy , the gel has caused bad aniexty hairloss weight gain sweating in armpits groin massive boobs which i hate my skin feels tight and mood was awful however i've added progesterone in and have been better less mood swings less aniexty before i started with the progesterone i did stop hrt for 9 weeks my hair stopped shedding bloating went and the only symtoms i had come back was flushes only a couple after 2 weeks and then vaginal dryness was worse however i went into panic over stopping so started again with progesterone and was great first to months but then my watery discharge came back and hair shedding i was on 2 pumps gel 100 utro so thought i would up the estrogen to 2.5 pumps as felt was getting to much P but this was worse i had flushes come back armpit groin sweating headaches hairloss worse briefly added in tesosterone for 2 weeks but because of the sweating wanted to rule out tesosterone so stopped it and sweating remained so new it was increase in estrogen i have now dropped back to 2 pumps alternate P and feel better on the progesterone days then estrogen alone but sweating isn't as bad but i feel worse bloating not as bad hair still shedding so i give up x