Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Femseven mono will I get it anywhere?? Help!  (Read 1217 times)

Eggcustard

Femseven mono will I get it anywhere?? Help!
« on: July 01, 2020, 04:58:12 PM »

Hi,

Femseven 50 is the only HRT I have been able to cope with following a Full hysterectomy. Obviously there are supply issues, does anyone know of anywhere I can get them please?? I don't mind buying a different dose and don't mind paying for them,

Thanks

Taz2

Re: Femseven mono will I get it anywhere?? Help!
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2020, 05:44:58 PM »

I don't think that you will be able to get any until later in the year. If you are ok on FemSeven then wouldn't Evorel 50 work for you?

Taz x  :hug:

Eggcustard

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2020, 07:13:54 PM »

I'm trying Evorel now and it feels horrible! Not the best timing with the whole family at home at the moment, lol

Taz2

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2020, 09:03:54 PM »

How is it making you feel? As far as I can tell the estradiol is the same in both patches?

Hope the family cut you some slack!

Taz x  :)

Eggcustard

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2020, 12:34:24 PM »

Hi,
I have tried lots of different kinds of HRT over the last few years and this is the only one that I've been able to cope with apart from Livial which I don't think is as safe because it's oral. They have the same amounts of estradiol but I have no idea why they have different effects, I assume different formulations.
I have no idea what to do now and my usual GP Just left so it's just locums  who have already messed up the prescription twice.P and don't seem to have much idea. I was hoping someone might come on and say they know a pharmacy that has some left on the shelf.
Evorel resulted in headache, sleep loss and generally wanting to kill someone! Couldn't be worse timing with everyone at home.

Any pharmacists out there who have any??? I'm desperate

Taz2

« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2020, 01:24:13 PM »

I could understand your side effects if it was Evorel conti not Evorel 50 as the norethisterone in that makes many women feel extremely irritable and premenstrual but maybe someone else can come along and explain the difference in the estradiol formulation. Have you tried Estradot 50?  This appears to be available. https://thebms.org.uk/2020/06/british-menopause-society-further-update-on-hrt-supply-shortages-20th-june-2020/

Taz x  :hug:

Eggcustard

« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2020, 02:38:46 PM »

Thanks, maybe I'm just weird!!
I found a document on Dorset CGP that said estradiol for Evorel and estradiol hemihydrate for femseven and estradot whatever that is, maybe that's why it's affecting me like that. I will ask to try estradot if the gp will give it to me.
Is Livial really that bad?? My old GP said it was fine to take it, I took it for years before switching to a patch. I'm concerned that if I do try a new patch and persevere with it in 3 months time I?ll be moved to another different one because that one is out of stock. It doesn't sound like femseven Will be back anytime soon so I have to move to something.
it's just horrible timing with a hormonal 13 year old girl at home and a holiday booked if we manage to go. I have lots of other health problems too and I also now need to move GP which I could do without. I'm waiting for surgery and had to stop my HRT altogether before the virus and it was awful, I can't go through that again with everyone at home, I get so shouty it's not fair on everyone else.

Aaaahhhh!
I feel better for getting all that out of my system !

Hurdity

« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2020, 02:46:22 PM »

Hi Eggcustard - sorry to hear about your ongoing symptoms. It is just the same estradiol. I think ehmi-hydrate is the way it is made for patches. From what i recall it is two estradiol molecules stuck together with a water molecule or something similar. Patch sizes and adhesives etc in the different products are different so maybe you are noticing this? I used estradot for years and when this became in short supply I was changed to Elleste Solo and these are also fab and seem to be easy to get hold of in my area.

Why did you stop the Livial if it suited you? It is a lower dose though?

Good luck and hope you feel better soon :)

Hurdity x

Eggcustard

« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2020, 02:57:19 PM »

Thanks for the replies, I stopped Livial because of patches being safer than oral. I would be interested to know if anyone knows of any reason why I shouldn't take Livial, GP just said it was safer. I actually have three packs left over from previously that are still in date so I could use those.

I did see a different GP a while ago who said all estrogen patches are basically the same But then why do so many people have to try different ones to find one that agrees with them? I could tell straight away, migraine, irritability, insomnia, depression within days. Put my femseven patch back on (Found 2 more) and within 24 hours I was fine again.

it's just so annoying, if men replied on it we wouldn't have this problem

Eggcustard

« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2020, 10:58:55 PM »

Thanks Folklass for the reply. I think I will go back to Livial and hope it is back in stock in October, I think I've been lucky I've gone this long without having to change over.