Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Changing from Femoston to Utrogestan and Oestrodose  (Read 842 times)

Becr

Changing from Femoston to Utrogestan and Oestrodose
« on: August 28, 2020, 12:36:32 PM »

Hello, I have found this forum really useful and I would love to read your thoughts on my HRT experience. I have been on femoston 1/10 for a year now, I am 48. Before that I had years of erractic bleeding with long gaps between periods. I got to 6 months without a period then my beloved dog died and I decided that toughing it out was no longer an option. I was exhausted.

Femoston seemed to work for a few months but then I started to notice my shape change with a few pounds of fat gained around the belly and thighs. I also started to feel very very tired again and would sleep in the day time at the drop of a hat. I lost interest in exercise (something I have always enjoyed since youth) and I also experience terribly aching joints. I reported all this to my doctor and after a clean bill of health on my blood test I asked to change HRT because I wondered if I was getting too much of oestrogen or progesterone?? She prescribed Utrogestan 25days and I have oestrogen gel but no instructions to take it - getting to talk to the doctor at the moment is like finding a four leaf clover.

While all of this was going on I started to take the femoston every other day incase I was planning to come of it. So one day on one day off. What I notice is the days I don't take it I feel more energised but sleep terribly. The day I take the oestrogen I feel very tired but sleep well at night. I haven't got to the progesterone/oestrogen bit yet but will tell you all now that I dread the progesterone part of the HRT. This phase I sleep badly on, feel depressed and basically want to leave my husband for two weeks of the month even though he is a good man.

So reading all that, would you recommend I take the Utrogestan every day for 25 days with the oestrogen OR sequential as i have been doing with Femoston?? Thanks for reading.

JenniesCat

Re: Changing from Femoston to Utrogestan and Oestrodose
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2020, 08:22:25 PM »

Hi there,

I’m sure someone with more HRT knowledge  might be able to jump in and help.
I’ve only been on femoston  4 months and am going to do a year by GP advice.

I’ve had times to date where I’ve felt energised, well, and look better for it and then I’ve had times when I’ve really struggled again with fatigue and tiredness and wonder if it’s making much difference?!

For me the oestrogen side makes me more tired and fatigued I think? And the progesterone lifts me but can make me a bit buzzy. I don’t think it’s it’s made a very obvious difference to my weight, but I’m sure I felt like I was pushing through treacle before taking HRT and that made me feel heavier at times until I got a period then it would lift.

I don’t know about taking Utrogestan with oestrogen so cant help there, but I would be interested to hear more as I may switch after a year myself.