Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Help! New to HRT and taking Femoston  (Read 1547 times)

JenniesCat

Help! New to HRT and taking Femoston
« on: June 29, 2020, 09:29:41 PM »

Hi there,

I'm a newbie here and also new to HRT. I started a course of Femoston 1.10 mg 2 weeks ago.

I'm 49, and started with symptoms of the peri memo at 47. Up until April of this year I was actually managing pretty well without, had the occasional bad patch but nothing too debilitating, but since Corona took hold this year, things have just taken their toll on me mentally. I've felt exhausted and stressed having to work full time whilst also having both kids at home due to school closures.

I still don't know whether I've done the right thing. I can't say I feel that different after 2 weeks on Femeston. I've yet to go on to the grey tablets which I've read mixed reactions to here! Hair loss gah 😩 but hopefully they won't make me feel worse! I've had the odd day where I've felt a bit spacey but ok, but the latest symptom is I'm now dry downstairs and I don't know if I've stopped ovulating? This is making me feel anxious, I've lost the inclination for sex atm.
I honestly don't know if it's just stress? I don't want to continue with Femeston if it's going to make me dry. Not sure if this is a side effect??

My main peri symptoms are brain fog, fatigue, Irritability, heavy periods, low mood one week before period, and often just a flat feeling.

Also I am still not sure about taking tablets?? I've never had to take tablets in my life so still feel weird about that!  Everything I've read about the peri meno/ meno points to gel/patches and bio identical progesterone tablet being the safest way to take HRT? I wished I'd pushed for that...

Very confused at the moment.  Can anyone advise?

:)

Gracie7

Re: Help! New to HRT and taking Femoston
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2020, 06:35:29 PM »

Hi, I'm new to all this too but what you describe is very similar to symptoms I'm getting.  My anxiety and nausea are off the scale and I'm bed ridden most mornings atm. Not sure about your tablets but I've been researching stuff to have a conversation with my GP as I now want help and HRT. I read that you can get oestrogen creams for your dryness as well as being on HRT. Definitely something to ask about. I'm armed with a lot of information for my consultation, I'm determined not to be fobbed off anymore  as GP just says I'm stressed with work and Covid situation. Yes that's true but also had meno symptoms for 12 months. Good luck finding some answers ;)

sheila99

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2020, 09:53:24 PM »

Transdermal is supposed to be safer though I think much of the research was the old type of pills made from horse urine. It's unlikely hrt is causing your dryness. Read the threads on vaginal atrophy and ask for appropriate treatment. Two weeks is still early days, you really need to give it 3 months. Flushes usually go in the first 2-3weeks, my anxiety and insomnia took 3 months. Some people find libido returns with oestrogen, others need testosterone but you need to be stable on HRT first and usually need a referral to a menopause clinic.

JenniesCat

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2020, 09:27:20 PM »

Hi, I'm new to all this too but what you describe is very similar to symptoms I'm getting.  My anxiety and nausea are off the scale and I'm bed ridden most mornings atm. Not sure about your tablets but I've been researching stuff to have a conversation with my GP as I now want help and HRT. I read that you can get oestrogen creams for your dryness as well as being on HRT. Definitely something to ask about. I'm armed with a lot of information for my consultation, I'm determined not to be fobbed off anymore  as GP just says I'm stressed with work and Covid situation. Yes that's true but also had meno symptoms for 12 months. Good luck finding some answers ;)

Sorry I have only just seen this! It’s been a while since I last logged on and actually things sorted themselves out in that time. It’s funny looking back now at what I wrote here. I’m now week 7 of taking HRT and I have felt much better. The odd bad day. Though my periods seem to have stopped skipped a month, which now feels weird. I am only two months into HRT though so early days!
Hope you got on ok with seeing/ talking to your GP? I remember it took me a good year or more of going back and forth with questions. I held off for as long as I could. Sort of humour the fact that maybe Covid 2020 did it to me! Managing too much, both kids at home...life just changed pretty drastically and maybe that was the final straw. Hope the nausea has settled for you. I didn’t have any nausea but anxiety yes.

JenniesCat

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2020, 09:42:08 PM »

Transdermal is supposed to be safer though I think much of the research was the old type of pills made from horse urine. It's unlikely hrt is causing your dryness. Read the threads on vaginal atrophy and ask for appropriate treatment. Two weeks is still early days, you really need to give it 3 months. Flushes usually go in the first 2-3weeks, my anxiety and insomnia took 3 months. Some people find libido returns with oestrogen, others need testosterone but you need to be stable on HRT first and usually need a referral to a menopause clinic.

Hey thanks Sheila  :)
I am thankfully over the dry spell. But it seems to be replaced with yet another symptom of the menopause. Now 7 weeks into HRT Femeston 1/10 tabs and have felt well, but I’ve missed a period and can’t gage when I’m due on  :-\ which is a bit frustrating. I have had no bleeding on the tabs since starting them on day one of my cycle so that feels a bit strange.
Going to keep going with it. How do you get a referral to a meno clinic? I get the feeling you’ve got to kick and make a fuss, the Dr who put me on Femoston has suggested I do it for a year. I wouldn’t mind taking transdermal oestrogen with a bio identical Prog to be honest but he couldn’t see the difference. Said the tablets are easier to administer. Any thoughts from anyone on the transdermal route appreciated  ;)

Leogirl

• First Flush
new to HRT and Femoston and have a bleed
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2020, 09:54:19 AM »

HI, I am at my wits end and hope you can help me?

I am 59 and have had menopause 8 years ago.
I just started Femoston 1/5 2 months ago due to depression getting worse and I must admit , it has really helped my moods but then I had a light bleed for 2 weeks.
I was referred to gynaecology at hospital last week and they told me that they have detected a polyp and I should get a biopsy and get it removed there and then.
I had not taken any pain killers but they gave me gas and air but the pain was excruciating and I nearly passed out and they had to stop and now I have been put on waiting list to get it done under GA.
I am still bleeding like a very very light period.
They never told me to stop my HRT or not. Should I continue my HRT?
Has the HRT caused a polyp to form in 2 months ? 
I never had a problem until I started HRT.

another problem is that I am supposed to travel 5 days after procedure to visit my elderly mother who I haven't seen for nearly a year duo to Covid.
is it necessary get this done now or can it wait a month so I can see my mum ?
ill I be fit enough to fly?
Will I be bleeding heavy?
Will I be in pain?

Is it likely I have cancer?

Please help and advice.

I really appreciate your replies.  :-\

JenniesCat

« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2020, 07:57:05 PM »

Sorry, I have only just seen your post.
Sorry to heat about your polyp. I do not know if it’s related to HRT, sometimes these things just are coincidental, I’ve certainly never heard of it being related, but rest assured polyps are not cancerous!
They are quite common. I hope you have crossed your hurdles ok with flying and the small procedure.
Do post again on the main site if you need more help.
 :)