Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Tibilone or BHRT, which should I take.  (Read 618 times)

Toothfairy

• First Flush
Tibilone or BHRT, which should I take.
« on: June 27, 2020, 10:09:29 AM »

Hi Everyone

I only have two options of HRT available to me,
1) Tibilone
2) BHRT

Which one of those would you opt for, I appreciate they are both very different.

The country where I am working in at the moment does not do HRT other than the above. In 6-8 months I will be back in the UK and will hopefully be able to go back onto Oestrogel and Utrogestan which not perfect, changed my life for the better.
I cannot cope without HRT, dreadful sweats, migraines, exhaustion, cant concentrate, anxiety,mood swings, dizziness, frequent urination.
The tests I would have to undergo beforetaking BHRT are very expensive, and I would never take BHRT long term due to lack of clinical studies/ cost etc. At the same time if I take the tests I may get to the bottom of why I feel so rough, the Dr thinks there might be a vitamin deficiency or thyroid issue.

I appreciate this is a bit of a wierd question, but really want to hear some other responses, there is a history of stroke in my family so I understand Tibilone is not good for that.

Thanks to anyone who has made to the end of my ramble/post. I am 54, just post menopausal.

« Last Edit: June 27, 2020, 10:31:51 AM by Toothfairy »

sheila99

Re: Tibilone or BHRT, which should I take.
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2020, 01:10:13 PM »

I can't answer your question - I wouldn't take either for choice. Have you tried online pharmacies?