Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Vagifem - is it 100% safe?  (Read 4367 times)

Patchsmama

Re: Vagifem - is it 100% safe?
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2020, 01:22:55 PM »

Haha!!!  So glad to hear it Tinkerbell. Homeschooling is not conducive is it? 🤣

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2020, 03:04:07 PM »

Nor is this heat  :sweatdrop:   :bed:

Patchsmama

« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2020, 03:51:47 PM »

:steamed: :steamed:

CLKD

« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2020, 04:31:06 PM »

:sigh:

Hurdity

« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2020, 08:39:36 AM »

Hi again Kathleen

I really don't know. Probably not as I was so frightened. However, when I last spoke to my GP, he firmly said that Vagifem is the equivalent of taking two HRT tablets per year and is therefore, safe.  If this is VA and does continue like this, I know I?ll have to go for it.

Oh that is useful to know re Dr Currie. Thank you 😊.  Does that mean starting 10 threads or a total of 10 posts, like I'm doing now?  Thanks again so much xxx

You can consult Dr Currie at any time as far as I know as it's not connected with the forum and you don;t have to be a member in order to do so. The instructions are on the main website. The link is here: https://www.menopausematters.co.uk/contact-the-doctor.php it costs ?30.

The 10 posts thing is to be able to send private messages to other forum members.

Good luck!

Hurdity x

Kathleen

« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2020, 02:02:35 PM »

Hello again  ladies.

Hurdity - Thank you for posting. I confused sending PMs to other members with emailing Dr Currie. Hopefully Patchsmama will read your post and and get the right information.

Wishing you well and take care.

K.

Patchsmama

« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2020, 03:27:10 PM »

Thanks again ladies for the info. I had a call from the GP surgery yesterday. Dipstick was positive so they've sent the sample off. Told me to start antibiotics in the meantime......

CLKD

« Reply #22 on: June 25, 2020, 07:22:33 AM »

>sigh<. positive for which infection which won't show until the sample is grown, at least the GP has sent it away.  ABs will certainly ease symptoms - let us know how you get on.

Patchsmama

« Reply #23 on: July 15, 2020, 06:33:50 PM »

Hi Everyone

Hope that everyone's well.  I just thought I'd do a little update on what's happening here.  So I took the antibiotics for a week but still wasn't convinced that I had a UTI.  When I checked, the lab had thrown my sample away as they are apparently lab testing only ones which look like they might be infected!!

Two weeks later, I'm still not feeling right 'down there'.  Today, it definitely felt more like a UTI.  So I spoke to my GP on the phone who suggested another urine dipstick (which I did and it was normal) and tonight I'm finally starting Vagifem.  I just hope it brings some relief as I feel miserable.  After I've had a wee, it really stings and feels like I need to go again.  Is this typical of VA?  Of course, I'm worrying there's something else going on.  I desperately want this to work.  I have to take nightly for two weeks, then go to twice a week.  Can anyone tell me how quickly it works, I'm guessing that you have to get 'loaded' up first. 

Hope everyone else is doing well xxx

suzysunday

« Reply #24 on: July 15, 2020, 07:35:30 PM »

I really feel for you.  It can take ages for local oestrogen to work I'm sorry to say.  I had that wee feeling on and off for months.  It didn't really sting but it sure didn't feel right after a week.  I hope someone else can advise about the stinging as I'm not sure about that.  You have all my sympathy cos it's horrible. X

Patchsmama

« Reply #25 on: July 15, 2020, 07:48:31 PM »

Thank you SuzySunday. I appreciate your honesty.  Feeling a bit sorry for myself tonight. Can I ask whether you’re sorted now? Xx

Tinkerbell

« Reply #26 on: July 15, 2020, 10:14:55 PM »

I did feel more comfortable after a week of starting topical estrogen but as the weeks went on i got far more improvement.

Do be aware that for some two Vagifem a week is not enough.

suzysunday

« Reply #27 on: July 16, 2020, 09:31:40 AM »

I meant after a week not a week.  Yes things are much improved and I use ovestin alternate nights.  It took up to a year to feel ok, but we are all different and maybe I am older than you, 62.  I can enjoy sex again.  But it's a constant worry for me, and having it for life is not great.  At the time it was worse I felt really desperate, but I am so much better. 

Patchsmama

« Reply #28 on: July 16, 2020, 09:46:19 AM »

Bless you. I totally understand. I had a dreadful night. Despite the urine dipstick being negative, I was in agony going to the loo and afterwards, so ended up taking antibiotics. Better this morning but still some symptoms.

I need some light at the end of the tunnel, this isn’t fair on anyone.  I’m 56, used to be fit and enjoyed life. I really hope this isn’t going to be the way things are  :'( xx

lillith112

« Reply #29 on: July 16, 2020, 10:33:54 AM »

I totally sympathize, was on patches for HRT for 8 months, everything brilliant, I improved down there, then 2 months ago switched to estrogen gel, omg  :o I started having the worst bladder symptoms ever, I had intense pain one day followed by a constant urge to wee all the time, everything felt swollen up and I couldn't properly empty my bladder. It was so bad I couldn't leave the house  :'(. Dr dipped urine and nothing on it, wouldn't even send sample to the lab. I was given 3 days antibiotics which improved it for 2 days, then bad again. I'm now on vagifem and I have an appointment in a week's time to go back on the Estraderm patches  :'(. I'm only a few days into vagifem and still have the urge to go feeling. Think I would rather be in pain than have this, its lousy and is ruining my life.

Lillith. x
Pages: 1 [2] 3