Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Hi newbie at end of her tether  (Read 920 times)

Deb-Orah

• First Flush
Hi newbie at end of her tether
« on: June 22, 2020, 05:15:01 PM »

Hi I'm 50 year old who is peri/menopausal. For the past few years I've been having bad cramps, Bloating, regular heavy periods and extreme mood swings.  The moods are so bad I think my partner might leave me (I would if I was him). Attended the menopause clinic they were going to fit the marina however couldn't as my womb in closed. They even tried under general anaesthetic. I had marina in the past with no issues. They have now suggested Prostap injections to put me into full menopause with the add on hrt of tibolone (livial). However I'm scared as I don't want to feel worse and don't think my family could either. I'm also having sweats about 4am every morning and have put in weight. Any advice is so welcome. Thank you

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Hi newbie at end of her tether
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2020, 08:21:58 PM »

Firstly have a  :hug:

What is the reason for a 'closed womb'?  Is it due to atrophy?  Hopefully someone will be along who can advise. 

How is your diet overall?  Eating every 3 hours might help to even moods.  What have you taken for the cramping, I suffered dreadfully for years.  Feminax helped a lot the idea being taking it 2 days prior to an expected bleed.

Maybe put 'Prostap' into the search box and see what pops up?

Deb-Orah

• First Flush
Re: Hi newbie at end of her tether
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2020, 09:07:42 PM »

CLKD thank you.

I'm unsure why my wombs closed the Dr said it could be due to having a section 25 years ago. However I've had the marina since then. Other dr said it didn't matter as women usually reach the menopause by 51.

My diets usually alright, I try to eat regularly but do love chocolate. I tried feminax but might try it the 2 days before.
 X