Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Hair Loss  (Read 2475 times)

LaRue

Hair Loss
« on: May 28, 2020, 02:47:54 PM »

So on 25mg the lowest dose.   Some hair is reappearing not all over yet though... so basically wondered if anyone else I  here has been through this ...

Forgot to add im 52
« Last Edit: May 28, 2020, 10:50:20 PM by LaRue »

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Hair Loss
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2020, 03:44:04 PM »

Hi! I didn't want to rush away but haven't much to suggest, other than put hair loss into the search box and read any threads?

:welcomemm:  I don't think your problem is uncommon  :-\

Which antibodies would those be?  Thyroid function can be upset during The Change too. 

Sammiejane

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2020, 05:44:27 PM »

hi

i have experienced hairloss through hrt had non prior so it wouldn't surprise me if your medication is the cause x however being on the lowest dose possible to control your thyroid is wise to prevent further loss x

jaycee

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2020, 08:32:47 PM »

Another one here with hair loss, not sure what the cause is, Dermatologist thinks stress, but hard to tell, because around the same time i was put on Vagifem and Livial [Tibilone]
I don't have complete hair loss, and the usual female pattern hair loss,
This happened about 2 years ago,and gradually hair has got thinner too
When i was given Evoral Conti HRT ptch,more fell out
Dermatologist says it should have grown back by the end of this year, no sign yet though
I have tried everything recommended for hir loss, nothing has worked
Dermatologist said not to waste my money, none of them work, except Minoxidil, but it's a last resort,
I have too much hair apart from the crown are down,for a wig

LaRue

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2020, 09:03:30 PM »

Thanks for taking time to reply... much appreciated  :-*

CLKD

« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2020, 12:08:54 PM »

HRT responsible then?   

Sammiejane

« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2020, 03:03:22 PM »

hi ladies

majority of you know my hairloss situation as i bang on about it a lot because effecting me mentally a lot

hrt has triggered my hairloss , i know this because after hysterectomy and ovaries removed i was hrt free for 4 yrs now i did loose hair when washing don't get me wrong however brushing daily no hairloss and hair although dryer was stronger then it is now on hrt ! i lost a little at temples and forehead slight thin nothin notable i certainly paid no attention to it it grew very quick and very thick !

forward to commencing hrt my whole hairline receding i have lost loads nape of neck ear to ear and now scalp gets sore even if i tie up loosely my scalp sore the side have thinned dramatically i was certain it was an imbalance because i was only on estrogen hrt so progesterone and tesosterone low so took a break for 9 weeks shedding stopped after 6 weeks however down side flushes back not major and vagina dryer so went back in the gel with progesterone and after 6-8 weeks i?m noticing more hair fall not as bad as estrogen alone but worse then off hrt it's not i have more hairloss when washing but i?m now finding hairs on the floor again and also lots of little ones but which is hair from hairline i reckon and nape of neck this is since adding P so although shedding less it still happening and i can't seem to get a balance on this hrt so am thinking of coming off it again . i only had vaginally symtoms in the first place and wish i hadn't started it and just took vaginally estrogen as hairloss weight gain aniexty depression all caused by hrt has effected me so much in the last 18 mths i gave up work couldn't cope x

jaycee

« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2020, 01:06:59 PM »

LaRue, what HRT are you on, i only saw you were taking 25mg, but you didn't say what, unless you have posted somewhere else
I am desperate to find something that will help my hair
The dermatologist i am seeing said it would be grown back by the end of the summer,but it is getting thinner
Also when did you first notice your hair loss? were you on something else at the time

Foxylady

« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2020, 07:47:14 PM »

Anyone tried Starpowa for hair & nail? Been thinking about taking something for a while but recently spending money on thickening hair products etc. Saw an article in todays Daily Mail for them, low & behold 50% off so I ordered some! x

CLKD

« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2020, 09:11:55 AM »

It will be interesting to see what my stylist says when we next meet as I think my hair is thinner.  Not losing chunks or loads on pillow or when washing but it isn't growing the same.  I expected it to be down my shoulders by now  ::) although I have been trimming the top.

jaycee - is the dermatologist certain about his prediction? 

jaycee

« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2020, 11:29:04 PM »

CLKD; The dermatologist said to see him again after the summer and it would have grown back, well it hasn't,and i am losing more from the front now
I made an appointment to have a telephone consultation with him last thursday,he didn't ring, so rang the surgery and now got one for tomorrow at 1,
He also told my daughter that hersc would have stopped shedding by Easter,it didn't
I just don't know what i can do, apart from trying minoxidil,
Someone on here said she has had a lot of success with it, but will see what he says tomorrow
The top from the crown are,but in front of the crown grows and the rest grows ,but it is thinning all over, especially on one side,
Since using no hair colour,my hair is growing dark again, i am blonde  now but naturally dark, not a lot of grey ,but some pure silver on the top,
I might look at the starpower
I wonder if there were good reviews,

Foxylady,where was it advertised as being 50% off?

Foxylady

« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2020, 05:19:31 PM »

Hi jaycee, it was on Saturday on their own website (Starpowa) was finishing that day if I remember right. H&B also sell  it but they didn't have it reduced.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2020, 05:25:31 PM by Foxylady »

jaycee

« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2020, 05:51:36 PM »

Oh too late then for that Foxylady, it is quite expensive isn't it normally
Well the Dermatologist didn't ring me at 1 o clock, so rang the surgery again,he finally rang me at 3-45,he still says stress, now says the pandemic will have made it worse,i doubt it, as i'm not doing anything much different,
He has asked me to send him some photos of where it has now a few actually bald patches
Luckily the hair around them is fairly long so helps to cover them
I have to say my diet isn't that good, really because living alone i don't cook much, and don't eat much meat
I will have to get my daughter to take some pics, easier than trying myself
I have found also since putting weight on it seemed to coincide with the hair loss, but had thyroid tests etc

Foxylady

« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2020, 05:28:53 PM »

Jaycee, H&B have it included in their penny sale! My order arrived today, had the gummies when I came home, they are quite tasty! I got OH to take photo's so I have before and after pics to compare. I have underactive thyroid jaycee which certainly hasn't helped my hair despite being on thyroxine for over a decade. Weight is a difficult one, I'm with you there. x

jaycee

« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2020, 11:16:53 AM »

Thanks Foxylady i will have a look at H&B i did look at what the Starpowa contained and apart from MSM i take all those anyway, but that might make the difference