Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Change to HRT issue  (Read 1124 times)

chat12

Change to HRT issue
« on: June 17, 2020, 10:25:08 AM »

Hi everyone. This is my first post and I suppose as with most things we only come across these forums when are searching for advice. So here goes !! I had total hysterectomy at the age off 28 due to endometriosis. Have been on HRT ever since. Im now 57. My usual HRT Zumenon has been in short supply so was changed 6 weeks ago to Progynova. Since then I've been really suffering with nausea, muscle tension, increased anxiety and tremors. Im due to speak to my GP later today and really just wanted to ask if a change in HRT could give me these symptoms. I was assured by the nurse who gave me these they were the same ?? I really don't know if it could be the Tabs. I guess I'm asking if anyone on here has had similar experiences with a change in HRT !! !Thank you in advance.

Dotty

Re: Change to HRT issue
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2020, 03:28:05 PM »

Hi
https://www.menopausematters.co.uk/treatafter.php

This link will take you to a page of HRT treatments where you can compare them.

The only difference I can see is that one is estradiol and one is estradiol valerate which may not be as strong.

Which strength of Zumenon were you on? And what is the strength of the best tablet ? X

Taz2

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2020, 03:29:45 PM »

Hi chat12. As Dotty says I've also had a look at the two different preparations and the only difference is that the Zumenon is Estradiol Hemihydrate and the Progynova is Estradiol Valerate. I haven't researched it properly but did find this thread on the forum which seems to say that the Progynova is absorbed at a slower rate. https://www.menopausematters.co.uk/forum/index.php'topic=37057.0  There sometimes doesn't seem to be a scientific reason why we react to different HRT products but it is common to find that this does happen. With the nausea - sometimes it is the fillers and coating used which can cause this.

It may be worth your while searching a bit more for the differences between Valerate and Hemihydrate?

You will get lots of help and support on here so any more questions/problems just ask away and someone will be along with advice and support.

Taz x  :welcomemm:

chat12

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2020, 09:29:08 AM »

Thank you Dotty and Taz for your reply to my post. Just wanted to give you a quick update. My GP doesn't think my symptoms are due to the change in HRT and I've to have bloods to check my thyroid. Once again Thank you