Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Palpitations, sudden onset.  (Read 883 times)

coldlittleheart

Palpitations, sudden onset.
« on: June 19, 2020, 11:43:14 AM »

Hello all,

I am postmenopausal, 6 years on, most my symptoms have been so far, hot flashes/night sweats, disturbed sleep, very low mood, increased anxiety, weight gain, digestion problems and hair loss (which was made worse by HRT so I stopped). But yesterday I had palpitations all day long, very noticeable. Didn't have that problem before. Today I still have them, not as many, but some still noticeable. I read it can be part of menopausal symptoms. Are there things that help you other than HRT? I don't feel particularly anxious or stressed at the moment, just this is irritating and I am not sure it should be automatically lobbed into the pile of meno symptoms. I hate the idea of going to the doctor's surgery at the moment what with the c19 situation, especially if it's probably just another menopausal thing.

KaraShannon

Re: Palpitations, sudden onset.
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2020, 12:53:03 PM »

While there are many benign reasons for palpitations, I personally would have at least a phone chat with a doctor today.  :)

coldlittleheart

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2020, 12:55:37 PM »

I'll do that, I don't want to go in at all though. I don't know if they can do much over the phone without seeing me. I'll see what they say. :)

Edit: What was putting me off having a phone chat is that once, I had chest pain and the doctor on the phone said If you don't go to the hospital now I will send you an ambulance. ... Turned out it was nothing as I suspected  ::) I know better safe than sorry but it seemed like such a waste of resources and I felt like a fraud sitting there while people really needed the help.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2020, 12:58:28 PM by coldlittleheart »

Kathleen

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2020, 02:40:36 PM »

Hello coldlittleheart.

My trusty meno book includes palpitations as a symptom  and I certainly  had them earlier on in my meno journey. I am post meno by ten years and no longer have them. There were times when I thought my heart would leap out of my chest!

Other ladies here have similar stories to tell and although I agree that getting checked out is a good idea I hope it reassures you to know that you are not alone.

Take care.

K.

coldlittleheart

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2020, 08:05:57 PM »

Thank you Kathleen, I thought it probably was just menopause related, or low ferritin again (or both) I am just feeling a little rougher than normal and the palpitations are a new addition to the party. I will keep an eye and if it doesn't settle over the weekend I'll get a phone appointment with my doctor :) That's thing about worrying, you get more anxious and then you get more symptoms, then you don't know what the problem is anymore! :D