Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Evorel conti bleeding update  (Read 867 times)

shrosphirelass

Evorel conti bleeding update
« on: June 15, 2020, 05:23:37 PM »

I just had a telephone review from the menopause clinic. I explained that things were ok except for the almost constant bleeding. Three options were suggested:

1) Wait to see if it settles for 6 months and if not go through GP for scan and if clear consider other options.

2) Reduce patch so that I receive less estrogen which would probably reduce the bleeding. If this controls the bleeding but symptoms return increase again to full patch

3) Change HRT to estrogen patch and provera as provera is good at controlling bleeding. However, she said that it does cause side effects often digestive and headaches in some women. Both the reasons I went on HRT in the first place.

I also asked about Femseven conti when it becomes available but she said this was worse at contolling bleeding than evorel conti.

I'm going to carry on for 6 months and hope it settles and then maybe cut a 1/4 off the patch and see what effect that has. She suggested half a patch but that didn't control my symptoms before.

robotwars

Re: Evorel conti bleeding update
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2020, 06:34:51 PM »

OH good luck, I had continual bleeding with evorel conti and I have now changed to 2 weeks of evorel 50, then 2 weeks of evorel conti, which should give we a sequi regime, which does mean period every month, going to see how it goes but I was hoping for period free...?...

Katejo

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2020, 09:03:29 PM »

I just had a telephone review from the menopause clinic. I explained that things were ok except for the almost constant bleeding. Three options were suggested:

1) Wait to see if it settles for 6 months and if not go through GP for scan and if clear consider other options.

2) Reduce patch so that I receive less estrogen which would probably reduce the bleeding. If this controls the bleeding but symptoms return increase again to full patch

3) Change HRT to estrogen patch and provera as provera is good at controlling bleeding. However, she said that it does cause side effects often digestive and headaches in some women. Both the reasons I went on HRT in the first place.

I also asked about Femseven conti when it becomes available but she said this was worse at contolling bleeding than evorel conti.

I'm going to carry on for 6 months and hope it settles and then maybe cut a 1/4 off the patch and see what effect that has. She suggested half a patch but that didn't control my symptoms before.
  I am going to wait until the end of this month to see if I get any bleeding. If I do, I might try a half patch again or could also try a 1/4 cut off.

shrosphirelass

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2020, 11:45:21 AM »

Robotwars she did say going back to sequi was an option too, but she knew that this wasn't going to be a great optio. for me as the cyclic changes seem to trigger headaches.

Katejo, I'm going to start with a 1/4 off if things haven't improved in the next 2 months. Let me know how you get on and good luck!

Katejo

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2020, 03:42:46 PM »

Robotwars she did say going back to sequi was an option too, but she knew that this wasn't going to be a great optio. for me as the cyclic changes seem to trigger headaches.

Katejo, I'm going to start with a 1/4 off if things haven't improved in the next 2 months. Let me know how you get on and good luck!

Shropshirelass, Let me know how it goes. I will first wait until the end of the month to see if I get any bleeding at all. None yet. The disadvantage of a 1/4 is that it doesn't save any patches to make them last longer (given current shortages in the supply). i wouldn't want to stick 2 quarters on.