Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Hi!  (Read 820 times)

imfrantic

Hi!
« on: June 12, 2020, 12:55:32 PM »

Hello everyone! 

I'm 50 and have been in peri a couple of years now.  These past few months, though, it's gotten to the point where I realized I can't tough it out anymore and need help.  I have anxiety, depression, crying spells....al the good stuff. I found this forum as I was wandering through the internet doing research.   My HRT meds just arrived, so I'm excited, yet nervous to get started on them, and I can't wait to see all your guidance and advice in here.

Joaniepat

Re: Hi!
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2020, 01:13:40 PM »

Hi imfrantic, welcome to the forum! There's always help available here. Good luck with your new meds.

JP x

Barnacle

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2020, 01:39:02 PM »

Hi imfrantic, hope you soon see some improvement and your days start getting brighter.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2020, 01:49:49 PM »

What have you been prescribed? You can type the product name into the search box on the Forum and see what pops up.  Make notes ;-).

Which symptom would you like to ease first?

We are a Mine of information.   :welcomemm:

Foxylady

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2020, 02:42:12 PM »

Hi imfrantic, welcome to MM. I hope you find it as useful as I did and still do, learn something new every day!! As CLKD suggests if there are particular topics you are interested in put it in the search as it is almost guaranteed to have been discussed before. All the best with your HRT, for me it gave me back quality of life following years of symptoms and wrong diagnosis/treatments. x

Kathleen

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2020, 04:51:14 PM »

Hello imfrantic and welcome to the forum (great name BTW).

The 'good stuff' you describe is fairly common for lots of us unfortunately. Hopefully your HRT will help you to feel normal again.

Take care and keep us updated.

K.

Lucie49

« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2020, 10:39:56 AM »

Thanks all.... Haven't quite worked out how the forum works but thank you for all your comments. Doc didn't jump into prescribing anything. But I've gone and gotten myself some seven seas natural vitamins and done st John's wort to try and help with the mood swings. I'll keep you up to date on how that's going

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2020, 02:58:54 PM »

Hello Lucie - if you find your original thread and add your comments at the bottom - we won't lose you ;-)

Lucie49

« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2020, 08:09:36 PM »