Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Menopause Advice  (Read 644 times)

KellyJ

• First Flush
Menopause Advice
« on: June 15, 2020, 03:12:26 PM »

Hi everyone, I am new to this site as I have recently been diagnosed, I am 43 and feel like I am losing my mind. It has been really helpful reading other users struggles and positivity and I am able to relate to them. I am after some advice on water retention in legs, i am experiencing slight water retention around knees and shin areas with tight and tingly sensations. Does anyone else suffer with this, do you have any advice and tips on how to overcome this without resorting to medication. Thanks guys, Kelly x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Menopause Advice
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2020, 03:15:16 PM »

Hi R U on any medication?  Is this recent, I think a chat with your GP in the first instance as we shouldn't put everything down to menopause.

Browse round.  Make notes ;-)

KellyJ

• First Flush
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2020, 03:32:04 PM »

Hi, thanks for the reply. No, I am not on any medication at the moment as I wanted to see if I can get through it without. I did speak to my GP 2 weeks ago and mentioned the water retention but she said it can be a side effect. I am due to have a review tomorrow, maybe I will bring it up again xx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2020, 03:56:36 PM »

A side effect of what exactly? Water retention should be taken seriously and not be put down to menopause.

Maybe put 'water retention' into the search box here and see what pops up?