Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Newby with Evorel Conti queries  (Read 919 times)

Ruthbrush

• First Flush
Newby with Evorel Conti queries
« on: June 15, 2020, 02:38:50 PM »

Have been advised by my GP that due to Evorel Conti probably not being available for another 12 months to try gel and a progesterone tablet.  Does anyone have any view on this and if you are doing this how is it for you?

Anyone know why there are no patches available in the UK?

Thanks
Ruth

Katejo

Re: Newby with Evorel Conti queries
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2020, 04:30:44 PM »

Have been advised by my GP that due to Evorel Conti probably not being available for another 12 months to try gel and a progesterone tablet.  Does anyone have any view on this and if you are doing this how is it for you?

Anyone know why there are no patches available in the UK?

Thanks
Ruth
  This supply problem has been ongoing for nearly a year (just after I started using them). I did manage to get 1 repeat prescription from Boots in April but only have a few weeks left. Haven't yet tried gel and tablets but discussed it with a meno clinic doctor last week.

fashionqueen

• First Flush
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2020, 10:26:48 PM »

hi i live in guernsey im having the same problem my sis in law lives in Spain and got hold of some estraderm matrix 25 she showed the chemist my evorel conti patches box and was told by the chemist that the estraderm matrix was the Spanish equivalent  of evorel conti  can any one tell me if this info is correct I'm a bit scared to try them but I cannot get hold of my current patches I use and do not want to have the horrid flushes back

Hurdity

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2020, 09:31:14 AM »

Hi fashionqueen

:welcomemm:

Also Evorel conti contains 50 mcg oestrogen (in addition to the progestogen) whereas the Estraderm 25 is as it says, 25 mcg so half the dose. There is another product which is the equivalent in Spain I think, or at least some other countries. Systen conti maybe? Not sure where this is available.

Hurdity x

Gerri030306

• First Flush
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2020, 10:21:43 PM »

Hi have you tried to get patches from another pharmacy? I was told that my HRT Ellest duet 1mg was not available and it is to buy on line!
It seems that Mylan stopped producing Ellest but Meda have continued to manufacture it.
Mylan bought Meda in 2016.
My chemist told me it wasn’t being made, which wasn’t true.
I am about to swap to patches so I hope I can get them, Evorel Conti.