Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Entering menopause. Is it worse than perimenopause?  (Read 4493 times)

KarineT

Re: Entering menopause. Is it worse than perimenopause?
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2020, 06:55:51 AM »

Shadyglade, I hope this will happen to me as well because I don't want years of this nonsense.  I reckon I"ve been peri since 2016.  I have not had a period since January 2020 so, fingers crossed, I may be approaching the end of it.

periwinkle68

« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2020, 12:47:25 AM »

I hope menopause will be a relief for me ... started perimenopause at the end of 2015 and suffered terribly for the next four years. I had every test imaginable during these past four years thinking something else must be wrong with me because it couldn't possibly be all related to perimenopause. But of course it was, because they never found anything else wrong with me. I had my last period in May 2019, so I'm just officially hitting menopause this month, but I have to say, in the past 5 months or so, I have felt so much better than I did for the past four years. I'm hoping that means now that I'm officially hitting menopause that I will feel better from this point on.

Sparrow

« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2020, 09:02:08 AM »

I hope menopause will be a relief for me ... started perimenopause at the end of 2015 and suffered terribly for the next four years. I had every test imaginable during these past four years thinking something else must be wrong with me because it couldn't possibly be all related to perimenopause. But of course it was, because they never found anything else wrong with me. I had my last period in May 2019, so I'm just officially hitting menopause this month, but I have to say, in the past 5 months or so, I have felt so much better than I did for the past four years. I'm hoping that means now that I'm officially hitting menopause that I will feel better from this point on.

Sounds hopeful.  :)

KarineT

« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2020, 04:45:00 PM »

Periwinkle68 and Shadyglade,  thanks for your messages.  They seem very encouraging.  I do hope that I have now entered the menopause as I haven"t had a period since January this year. I hope this is it and that my periods won't return within or after 12 months because, apparently, it has happened to some ladies.  Were it the case it would still make me perimenopausal.   I really want this nonsense to be over and done with soon.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2020, 05:02:16 PM »

One has to have been without a period for 12 months B4 one considers being into menopause proper.  I believe I mentioned that mine waxed and waned!

KarineT

« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2020, 05:42:29 PM »

Yes. I know that you mentioned this in previous posts.  I may get the same and then again I may not.  4 months already without a period is not that long but one has to hope that their periods won't keep coming and going.  In the spring of 2016 they were heavy and could last more than 7 days.  I was regular until October 2016 when I missed my first period.  Then from 2017 to the end of 2018 I was having periods ever other month more or less.  From January 2029 to March 2019 I had a 'normal' period every month.  Then a very, very light one in April 2019 and after that I only had a period in July, & October,   So in 2019 I only had 6 periods.  In 2020 I only one in January  so far.  So it's definitely disappearing.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #21 on: June 09, 2020, 07:05:09 PM »

:great:

Kay21

« Reply #22 on: June 14, 2020, 09:52:06 PM »

I've got worse since
My periods stopped 12 mths ago. I'm suffering terrible dizzy and off balance. This time it's been over a week. I can't walk straight. My ears are ringing constantly. I've had a brain scan and my brain and ears are ok. I'm just finding it hard to believe hormones can do this to me. it's incapacitating me right now. I have no quality of life at all.

Hurdity

« Reply #23 on: June 15, 2020, 08:28:18 AM »

Hi Kay21. No need to suffer if the cause of your symptoms is menopause. Why not try HRT if you are able to? Everyone needs to have the best quality of life that they can.

Hurdity x
Pages: 1 [2]