Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7

Author Topic: Puppies!!!  (Read 7538 times)

jaypo

Re: Puppies!!!
« Reply #30 on: June 17, 2020, 02:32:00 PM »

I?ll sell you a German shepherd for a tenner.........anyone? ;D

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #31 on: June 17, 2020, 02:38:33 PM »

I'm on my way to collect  ;D

jaypo

« Reply #32 on: June 17, 2020, 02:47:16 PM »

She smells  :-\

CLKD

« Reply #33 on: June 17, 2020, 03:04:31 PM »

Don't mind.  Stinks would be a different matter!

Get rid of the heavy coat, pony clippers work.  Down to the under fur and a good wash.  Rinse gently. Repeat.

Lots of raw veg. for dental health, mine had carrots every day.  Never had bad breath unless her gut was upset.

How are the anal glands, also between the paws.  My cocker's smelt of cheese  :o  ::).  Quite nice actually. 

jaypo

« Reply #34 on: June 17, 2020, 05:18:47 PM »

Oh clkd,if you knew her problems,she's on a very special diet,can't even get tidbits,she's allergies like you wouldn't believe,she's on 3 different tablets to keep it all at bay,costs us a fortune,least she hasn't got the squits anymore

CLKD

« Reply #35 on: June 17, 2020, 05:55:52 PM »

What's causing the allergies?  You may have said B4  ::)

How about raw food diet?  Probably too late now.  There is so much rubbish in canned foods that can affect our pets.  My cat was allergic to something in 'Felix' which would make her ichty and scratch: when she was changed to another canned food 6 weeks B4 she died, within 24 hours she stopped scratching.  I never thought about food allergies  :'( and it's regret that haunts me.

Years++ ago we knew a cat that had grass pollen allergy, his eyes and lips would swell  :'( and hated the medication  ::)

jaypo

« Reply #36 on: June 17, 2020, 06:20:39 PM »

Everything,tree pollen,grass pollen,she never had it before we moved here,we've so many trees here,the food is so expensive but she's been ok on it,if she does get squitty at any time,we give her canikur,it's a probiotic and it cures her almost immediately

CLKD

« Reply #37 on: June 17, 2020, 07:45:37 PM »

Odd these allergies in pets.  Do you have to wash her face and paws after every walk?

jaypo

« Reply #38 on: June 17, 2020, 08:39:33 PM »

She's on a drug called apoquel and some steroids and we wash her with prescription shampoo,she's hard work,still want her  ::)

CLKD

« Reply #39 on: June 18, 2020, 08:22:51 AM »

Is it the food that makes her smell?   When I fed my 'minced morsels' - remember the advert with Clement Fraud ? - it made my cocker's skin and hair smell, so I stopped giving it to her and she stopped smelling.  Other foods made her skin and coat dry ....... fortunately she wasn't fussy  ;D [long story short]
« Last Edit: June 18, 2020, 02:32:51 PM by CLKD »

jaypo

« Reply #40 on: June 18, 2020, 12:43:27 PM »

I don't think it's the food,it's her skin,plus she sits to pee but then gets up and she's still dribbling a bit,all I seem do is wash her bed then her,I'm always paranoabout the carpet and house smelling,which it does from time to time but she now sleeps with a cone on her head to stop her licking her paws or she'd do it all night,then you should smell the place  >:(

CLKD

« Reply #41 on: June 18, 2020, 02:32:15 PM »

Oh the Forum is So Slow  >:(.   ::)

Has the Vet suggested medication to stop her dribbling, to tighten up the pelvic area?  I would keep her trousers and under the tail well clipped - fur is good for the
birds ;-).  Is she sore, I don't think they do VA treatment for bitches  :-\

« Last Edit: June 18, 2020, 02:53:22 PM by CLKD »

jaypo

« Reply #42 on: June 18, 2020, 02:42:41 PM »

You?re telling me it's slow,thought it was just here  >:(
She's to go in soon to get her claws clipped under sedation (or she'd eat the vet) so they give her a good old once over then,bloods etc,so I?ll ask them about the weeing

CLKD

« Reply #43 on: June 18, 2020, 02:57:11 PM »

A whole Vet., probably 'cos she's hungry prior to sedation  ;D

There's 1 near us that is all shades of brown, lemon, cream ...... about a year old and STUNNING :-))).  Long haired too. Haven't been able to have a cuddle yet due to distancing  :(

Whilst yours is 'under', get them to trim the tail and trousers to have a Good Luck around the vulval area in case she's sore ??  When working as a kennel maid I once thought a bitch was in season due to spots of blood on the concrete but it was a urine infection  :'(  :-\ - after I had moved all the dogs out of the way, cleaned the kennels down, put bitches in the clean kennels  ::).  I still feel guilty 28 years later, she must have been in pain  :-\

jaypo

« Reply #44 on: June 18, 2020, 03:24:06 PM »

I know,we all know how painful a urine infection is,it's sometimes hard to detect with her,coz she only pees on grass,she good with us,let's us do ANYTHING to her,just doesn't trust the vet,who can blame them  :o I just can't cut through her claws,because she's black,all her claws are black and are like steel,oh,yes,she could definitely eat a whole vet  ;D
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7