Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: LH levels  (Read 780 times)

Kay21

LH levels
« on: June 12, 2020, 05:48:33 PM »

My LH Level is 41. My FSH level is 48.5.
IS THIS ESTROGEN LEVELS ? I can't understand if it's termed as menopause or not.

Taz2

Re: LH levels
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2020, 05:55:16 PM »

I know the FSH level is follicle stimulating hormone. The higher it is the further into menopause you are. It's the hormone that stimulates the ovaries to release an egg. It increases as the ovaries begin to fail to respond. Roughly a reading of over 25 shows you are in peri-menopause.

Not too sure on LH (leutinising hormone)

Taz x

Kay21

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2020, 06:15:04 PM »

Thanks. Mine are higher. I haven't had a period for over a year. I feel absolutely wretched. I'm hoping for hrt now. Can't do this anymore.

Taz2

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2020, 06:28:22 PM »

Sorry you're feeling so horrible. I'm sure HRT will help. My FSH was over 100, but I was still getting fairly regular periods, when I started HRT.

Taz x

Kay21

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2020, 09:42:03 PM »

How has hrt helped ? I mean do you feel better on it ? I don't think I've read one story where someone does t feel better taking it

Taz2

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2020, 09:30:46 PM »

With me it got rid of my troublesome symptom of drenching hot sweats every twenty minutes day and night. I would have been unable to continue with my job. Sleep improved. Energy improved. Vaginal atrophy was no longer a problem and I was able to stop using a low dose antibiotic each night to keep bladder infections at bay.

It depends on your symptoms of course.

Taz x