Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: New to HRT  (Read 601 times)

JulieDF

• First Flush
New to HRT
« on: June 12, 2020, 08:58:16 AM »

Hi everyone,

I'm new to this club.  I started suffering terrible anxiety around 6 months ago.  I was waking up anxious - for no reason, feeling like I had palpitations - when I actually didn't (This was so unlike me).  Night sweats also - not soaking wet just constantly sticky.  Periods had become irregular.  Blood test showed FSH as 33.9 and estradiol as 205.  Doctor started me on HRT.  1/10.  Initially this helped hugely.  But by month 4 the symptoms were starting to return - the anxiety was worse than ever.  Doctor upped me to 1/20 - which I started immediately  (Even though I was one week into the previous 1/10 pack.).  I am only 5 days in to the 1/20 pack and so far my anxiety is worse than ever.  An awful few days - also period type pains in my abdomen.  Really hoping this settles. 

Can anyone relate?

Do you ever worry that it is nothing to do with hormones - and that you are just having a nervous breakdown???

Help!!! (LOL)

Many thanks

Julie

sheila99

Re: New to HRT
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2020, 10:03:08 AM »

Is this Femoston or something else? I thought the increased oestrogen was 2/10? Just wondering if 1/20 has given you increased progesterone instead.

JulieDF

• First Flush
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2020, 10:48:29 AM »

Hi there,
Yes now on 5th day of femoston  2/10
J x

Foxylady

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2020, 02:55:25 PM »

Hi Julie DF, welcome to MM! I think it is very individual folks experiences and there can be such a wide range of symptoms that for some (myself included as menopause initially excluded by medical staff) you get anxious about what it could be, especially in relation to anxiety, lack of confidence etc which is alien to you. Hopefully you will find it reassuring being on here that so many of us go through these feelings/fears and can relate to what you are suffering. I think if we were all better educated about the wide range of symptoms and what to expect and roughly when it may not come as such a shock especially if we are in the younger age range! I hope you start to feel some improvement, and don't get disheartened if you don't for some women it can take trying various treatments/products before they achieve the improvements they are searching for. x