Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Patches to gel/utrogestan  (Read 736 times)

lambi

• First Flush
Patches to gel/utrogestan
« on: June 20, 2020, 09:22:20 AM »

Morning everyone x
After 19 months on Evorel Sequi I will be switching to Oestrogel & Utrogestan next week.  Partly due to the shortages, but also as my symptoms have crept back in lately - I'm 50. I will be trying the utro continually (every night), does anyone know if I start the new regime on the day I would usually start my new pack of patches? I can't find any info about switching from cyclical to conti.
This forum is amazing, I have been reading posts for 2 years and learnt so much, thank you 🙏

Hurdity

Re: Patches to gel/utrogestan
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2020, 10:17:32 AM »

Hi lambi

:welcomemm:

Yes I would start your new regime when you are due to start a new pack. Hopefully you will get your usual withdrawal bleed from the Evorel sequi ( after the conti patches) which means your womb lining will be at its thinnest when you start the conti regime. This will minimise the breakthrough bleeding hopefully. I presume you are post-menopause otherwise you will get breakthrough bleeding when your natural period happens as this will override the HRT?

Good luck and keep us posted as to how you get on.

Glad you find the forum useful. So do we! :)

Hurdity x

lambi

• First Flush
Re: Patches to gel/utrogestan
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2020, 10:53:16 AM »

Thanks so much Hurdity.
I'm still peri, but apparently I can switch to conti as I have been on cyclical for over a year. I shall see how I get on, but aware this regime may not suit. Fingers crossed all will be good! x