Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Vagifem side effect?  (Read 577 times)

KaraShannon

Vagifem side effect?
« on: June 11, 2020, 10:05:58 PM »

Hi ladies

Well, I've given it a bit of time and it seems like I had a really good response to my HRT patches............but I'm not sure about the vagifem, despite it being known for only having a local effect.

And I say not sure, because in amongst having it, I've probably had covid for around 4 weeks (I assume, it was a viral infection anyway) and then I went into having a bit of labyrinthitis.  So these things might have muddied the picture.

But here's the two things I've noticed:

1)  My hair is thinner and seems to readily come out when I wash it.  I haven't read the side effects because I didn't want to be put off before I got some benefit, but I hear this could be a side effect.  If so, is it a permanent one?  Does the hair just thin or could it come out altogether?  Is it dose dependent, ie if you have less, there will be less of this side effect? 

2)  Has anyone developed noise sensitivity and / or a bit of tinnitus when using vagifem?  Again I have heard this can be linked to oestrogen  so I'm not being completely random, but hoping most people say no to this one and that it is actually the labyrinthitis that is / was the problem there.

I know these are questions for my doctor, but sometimes you get more information from others taking the same drug. 

Thanks for any thoughts  :-)

Whatsupwiththis

Re: Vagifem side effect?
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2020, 10:32:43 PM »

The only side effect was a severe back pain for a few weeks.  There are a few ladies that have had hair loss and a few others report migraines.  Hope others will be able to help.

KaraShannon

Re: Vagifem side effect?
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2020, 10:38:28 PM »

Thanks  :)

If it weren't for the lockdown I'd have discussed all this with the GP by now, but I will do soon.