Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Covid tracking app  (Read 1584 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Covid tracking app
« on: June 11, 2020, 08:10:10 PM »

.........   being trialled on the Isle of Wight - anyone have one and what does it entail?  I have a basic mobile .........

Katejo

Re: Covid tracking app
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2020, 01:46:11 AM »

.........   being trialled on the Isle of Wight - anyone have one and what does it entail?  I have a basic mobile .........
No we don't because the app hasn't been released other than for the trial.

CLKD

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2020, 08:38:51 AM »

:thankyou:

I heard yesterday that 33,000 people had been traced, 8,000 have been contacted thus far.

Matt Hancock told the public yesterday that it is our Civic Duty to join in  ...........

sheila99

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2020, 09:48:30 AM »

Other countries such as South Korea have apps that work. Why can't we buy theirs instead of creating our own? The messages would have to be translated but at least the functionality works.

Taz2

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2020, 10:07:46 AM »

I heard yesterday that 33,000 people had been traced, 8,000 have been contacted thus far.

Matt Hancock told the public yesterday that it is our Civic Duty to join in  ...........

This is track and trace though not via an app. You have symptoms so order a test. Test comes back positive so details are taken of all of your known contacts, which you've spent at least 15 minutes with, over the last 14(?) days. They are contacted and advised that they've been in contact with a positive case and they need to self isolate, symptoms or not. 15% of contacts haven't responded apparently.  :-\

Taz x

Jeepers

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2020, 10:17:19 AM »

I find that a bit odd, tbh.  If you have all your known contacts, surely you can tell them yourself?  Or is it because a track and tracer will have more clout, so people are more likely to comply?

CLKD

« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2020, 11:44:54 AM »

I'm more interested in the app that contacts me if I've been exposed to someone with symptoms .......... not that I have the appropriate mobile and does 1 have to be continually linked to the Internet which costs how much ?

Kathleen

« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2020, 12:55:05 PM »

Hello ladies.

I read that Germany offered to give us their fully functioning app but we declined. France accepted the offer and it's working well for them. Yet another good  opportunity missed.

Take care ladies.

K.

CLKD

« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2020, 01:48:52 PM »

Whereas the one that DH bought was eating up money by being connected to wifi  ::)

I'll wait. Won't breath on anyone nor allow anyone to huff on me ;-). 

Sparrow

« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2020, 01:56:37 PM »

Ckld you just have a phone contract. My mobile is constantly linked to the internet and it's only ?25 a month. I just use my phone data as I don't have Wi-Fi . It doesn't eat up money all the time it's on.

Mine is only ?7 a month (BT) .  My husband is with GiffGaff, at ?8 a month.

CLKD

« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2020, 02:10:24 PM »