Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Allergic skin reaction to Evorel patch  (Read 1637 times)

Blue Kingfisher

Allergic skin reaction to Evorel patch
« on: June 12, 2020, 03:35:41 PM »

Hello ladies,

I wonder if anyone can help! I tried an Evorel 75 & Evorel 25 for the first time this morning and the second I put the 75 one on I went ?ouch?! I thought I'd just caught my skin or something but as the day has worn on, it's sore to the touch & my skin is sore & red around the outside of the patch & I can see it's like this underneath as they are very slightly see through.

I applied both slightly apart to my bottom and wonder if I've made it sore as the 75 one is where I sit down and I've been working at my desk all day. The 25 one is positioned higher up, looks a bit red but not as much.

I'm just wondering if this is an allergic skin reaction? I feel like I want to take the 75 off but perhaps I should give it time of rip it off & try applying another patch to a different area?

I decided to try the patches today as after having the Kyleena coil fitted, I think the progesterone has started to build up in my system and my insomnia was very bad last night - I've been awake since 3am.

I guess if I am allergic, I will have to go back to using oestrogel but perhaps split the dose between morning and evening as was applying all of mine in the mornings & I think it had worn off by the evening hence the insomnia. it's very early days as only had the Kyleena fitted on Tuesday so the insomnia might settle down on its own but I didn't want to go another night without trying the patches in case it helped.....and then, well sore bottom quite frankly!

Any ideas anyone? xx

Tc

Re: Allergic skin reaction to Evorel patch
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2020, 04:18:26 PM »

I've had a skin reaction to progynova but I havent used everol. 

May I suggest to put it on your tummy next time as  You will be able to see better.exactly what's happening. But...since meno i seem to react to plasters too.  It might be the adhesive causing it for you.  I had a blood test recently and reacted to the micro pore which I havent before.

I was o.k with estradot in terms of irritation but maybe because it's so small. (Its tiny compared to other patches I've tried)  Am I right in thinking the 25 everol is smaller than the 75? That might be the reason the 25 patch didnt produce such a noticeable  reaction.

Xxxx

Taz2

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2020, 04:48:16 PM »

Allergic reaction to the adhesive is quite common. The guidance in the patient information leaflet is to stop using that particular make of patch and try another which used to be easy when we also had FemSeven to choose from. There is Estradot as TC says which might be suitable. Because the hormone is contained within the adhesive maybe that means there is more adhesive on the 75? Any irritation isn't good of course.

Taz x

Blue Kingfisher

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2020, 04:57:59 PM »

Thank you so much ladies! I will keep it on for now in the hope things settle down but if it becomes too sore I will replace it in a different spot as suggested. Yes, the 25 is much smaller than the 75 so it all makes sense what you are saying.

I've brought 3 months supply of this stuff so I hope I don't have to change it & it was the only type they had in stock at the pharmacy!

Anyway, you've put my mind at rest & I will see how it goes. I didn't realise you could put patches on your tummy to be honest, I thought it was fleshy areas below the waist only like bottoms & inner thighs?

Blue x

Taz2

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2020, 05:25:37 PM »

There will be instructions as to where to place it in the leaflet. It's worth having a look.

Taz x

Tc

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2020, 10:23:19 PM »

I meant lower tummy. Sorry I should've been clear on that. Not above waist.

Blue Kingfisher

« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2020, 06:49:29 AM »

Thanks again ladies and this all makes sense. it's actually less sore today so I'm hoping my skin will get used to it and the problem will disappear. In hindsight (wonderful thing!) it was a bit ambitious to try applying it to an area I can't see, without using a mirror even! I may have aggravated the situation with sloppy, beginners technique - I hope so   :)

sheila99

« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2020, 08:32:28 AM »

If it hurt as it went on it's more likely that you pulled the skin. When I had an allergic reaction to them I came out in spots under the patch. The first time I left it on and it became more painful and the spots turned into holes in the skin. The second time it started hurting soon after I applied it so I removed it and changed to gel. If it's an allergy I think it will get worse not better if you leave it, but I would have removed it anyway and put a new on in a different place.

Blue Kingfisher

« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2020, 04:04:36 PM »

Thanks Sheila, is suspect i pulled the skin like you as it's definitely not as sore today. Hopefully will be fine for the next patch!