Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Switching to Evorel 100 from Oestrogel - Advice please!  (Read 851 times)

Blue Kingfisher

Switching to Evorel 100 from Oestrogel - Advice please!
« on: June 09, 2020, 03:04:18 PM »

Hello everyone,

I've just changed from Utrogetsan to a Kyleena coil & now looking to switch from oestrogel to Evorel 100. The pharmacy  didn't have Evorel 100 so they gave me boxes of Evorel 75 & Evorel 25 so I presume its fine to put both patches on? Is it OK to apply both patches to one area (say right bottom) & when I change the patch?put both on the other cheek & then repeat on change day?

I applied my oestrogel this morning so I presume its fine to apply the patch tomorrow morning? (I will obviously not apply the gel!). Or...is the patch more of a gradual release and I'm better off applying the 100 (in 2 patches) before I go to bed tonight so it has some time to get in my system?

As I've just has my Kyleena coil fitted today, I did ask the consultant if he thought it better to stay on the oegstrogel for a little while and not change everything at once but he seemed to think it was fine to make the switch pretty much straight away but I'd also be interested in any opinion/experience on this.....?

I guess if I did stick with the oestrogel for a bit I could reduce the dose slightly so it would equal the 100 patch quantity more closely (this would be dropping down to 4 pumps from 5 ? I absorb poorly!)

Thanks for your help everyone!
xx

Hurdity

Re: Switching to Evorel 100 from Oestrogel - Advice please!
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2020, 08:09:43 AM »

Hi Blue Kingfisher - your post got missed.

Fine to add both patches together and also to switch straight away in the morning as you suggested.

Hope you decided what to do and it all went/is going OK?

Hurdity x

Blue Kingfisher

Re: Switching to Evorel 100 from Oestrogel - Advice please!
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2020, 07:04:22 PM »

Thanks Hurdity, I've been seeing how I feel on the gel since Tuesday & will switch to the patches this weekend. I decided to do this so I know how the fallback option feels if the patches aren't successful. I don't feel bad to be honest but starting to wake in the night with a bit of insomnia.

I'd imagine this is because I now have continual progesterone and most of the oestrogel has worn off by then as I apply it in the mornings. I'm relieved so far that I'm not feeling dreadful on the Kyleena but it's early days - looking promising so far though  :)

I will let you know how I go with the patches!

Thanks so much for replying xx