Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Being tested tomorrow  (Read 2086 times)

Penguin99

Being tested tomorrow
« on: June 10, 2020, 08:02:01 PM »

Had to book covid test for hubby & myself :( he has developed quite a cough & I'm coughing a little too. My hubby is a 12 week isolater, so im very concerned.  If he has it, God forbid, he has caught it from me as I'm the only person who has left our house, I have to go to work, thankfully I only work 2 nights so have not been mixing with many people, and I have been very insistent on distancing at work. I have my break when others have gone, constantly wash my hands and use sanitizer.  People pretty much leave me alone on my department. When I get home I bleach all the handles and completely wash myself. If I go shopping ( once a week) or get medicines I always mask up and sanitize my hands when I get back in my car and again clean handles, car etc. Hopefully we will be fine, but it's such a worry.  We have stayed in and it annoys me about others just carrying on as normal >:(

Jeepers

Re: Being tested tomorrow
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2020, 08:36:56 PM »

Yes, good luck penguin, we?ll all be thinking of you.

Jeepers xx

Two hoots

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2020, 08:38:55 PM »

Good luck Penguin and Mr Penguin, I hope you dont wait long for the results.

Penguin99

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2020, 08:57:17 PM »

Thanks all, just such a worry. Hubby is on immunosuppression treatment so he's my main concern. Hopefully the results will be with us in 48hrs but can take up to 5 days, there was plenty of slots so I'm hoping they're not too busy and the results will be nearer 48hrs.

Annie0710

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2020, 09:43:20 PM »

Good luck Penguin

My friend and her hubby got + results back 24 hrs later x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2020, 09:46:19 PM »

Does your DH have hay fever or is there medication that might cause dryness = a cough?

Hopefully the results will be back sharpish, is this the throat test?

Penguin99

« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2020, 09:57:12 PM »

Hi, no he doesn't have hayfever & has never had asthma / bronchitis issues. We are driving up to the test centre, you have to give your car reg and take id with you, plus antibacterial wipes and sanitizer as the person may do the test or they will give it to you to do, with instructions.  I don't know how the test is done and I'm not keen to know otherwise it will play on my mind. My sons have said before about the test not being nice :o
I hope we get results early and the wait isn't too long.
Annie I hope your friends were ok  :)

CLKD

« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2020, 10:02:06 PM »

Take a small bowl each otherwise it's quite quick although in depth to get a good sample.  I don't have tonsils  :-\ ........ my sister's private care home staff and clients were 'done' on Tuesday by the NHS who came in specifically to do the test correctly.  Don't know how long their results will take.

My friend said a smear is worse  ;)

Penguin99

« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2020, 10:08:37 PM »

A bowl!  :beaurk:Smears are fine, although hubby won't  know ;D I shall be cuddling him all night.

CLKD

« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2020, 06:18:47 AM »

Good Luck! 

Penguin99

« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2020, 12:33:15 PM »

All done, I have to say they are amazing, set up really well. We were there about 40 mins all in all. Test took couple of mins. It was throat & nose, not as bad as I thought. I had to take down my dash cam as no video or photos allowed, not a problem at all, I just didn't think before I went. Very thorough with id.  Just got to wait for results now :-\

Annie0710

« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2020, 04:11:02 PM »

Good luck with the results Penguin

My friend caught it from her mum who sadly passed away because of it, she then passed it onto her husband .  Hubby seemed better than my friend who went to bed for about 3 days feeling rough, but I think she's ok now x

CLKD

« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2020, 08:09:13 PM »

Well done - how long might the wait be?

Penguin99

« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2020, 05:29:56 PM »

Just got hubby's result, he's negative thankfully, just waiting for mine :-\

Penguin99

« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2020, 05:31:38 PM »

Good luck with the results Penguin

My friend caught it from her mum who sadly passed away because of it, she then passed it onto her husband .  Hubby seemed better than my friend who went to bed for about 3 days feeling rough, but I think she's ok now x
I'm glad your friends are ok, sad for her mum. I know 3 people that have passed away, the youngest was 22 :(. I haven't been in contact with any of them.
Pages: [1] 2