Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Utrogestan  (Read 715 times)

Smolls

Utrogestan
« on: June 18, 2020, 08:44:46 AM »

Hi ladies

Does anyone take Utrogestan daily rather than cyclically ? I do still have periods but find I sleep better on them - I am so tired but cannot sleep at night - would I still have a bleed and is it safe to do this ? X

Hurdity

Re: Utrogestan
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2020, 01:44:18 PM »

If you are still having natural periods then it's best to take it cyclically otherwise you will get unpredictable bleeds and you won't know where you are, I would say. If you are near to menopause then some gynaes do suggest trialling a continuous combined regime, if ovulation is only occasional, but then reverting to cyclical if bleeds occur randomly.

I'm not sure how many women take it continuously who are still very much peri-menopausal ?

Hurdity x

CLP

• First Flush
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2020, 05:36:15 PM »

Hi
I know there is quite a bit of feedback about taking utrogestan vaginally rather than orally but I would just like to check (as I am new to all of this and started taking it only 2 days ago).  Do people actually use the oral tablets in their vagina?  Is it ok to do this for 25 days (as prescribed on my box of oral pills?)
Thanks

Smolls

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2020, 06:25:03 PM »

Thank you Hurdity , CLP I have seen on this forum that many ladies do take the oral tablets vaginally - a reduced dose , type into the search engine as I am by no means an expert on HRT X