Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Scared - Hysteroscopy  (Read 1045 times)

LouLou

Scared - Hysteroscopy
« on: June 09, 2020, 08:50:13 PM »

Hi, I have to go for a hysteroscopy later this month, as I had an unusual bleed last week- it was minimal, more of a staining I would say, but my GP wants to get me checked out, as my last proper period was 2 years ago- I'm no longer on HRT, but now I'm scared & worried 😧 has anyone had this done? Is it painful? I'm worrying already about the results 🙈 xx

westie

Re: Scared - Hysteroscopy
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2020, 09:14:32 PM »

I had a similar situation a few years back. Had a hysteroscopy under general anaesthetic , bit of cramping and slight bleed afterwards but otherwise all ok. Turned out the slight bleed was due to vaginal atrophy, where the skin inside my vagina had literally become atrophied and v dry and fragile which caused the slight bleed. Local oestrogen sorted that out and a good vaginal moisturiser . Haven't had any problems like that since.

Try not to worry ( easier said than done I know) but mostly these symptoms turn out to be easily explained.

Good luck let us know how you get on.

W xx

Kathleen

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2020, 09:09:44 AM »

Hello LouLou.

I suggest you take some painkillers before the procedure just in case you find it uncomfortable. When I had my hysteroscopy I noticed that in the waiting room other women were doing this and the nurses told me I should have been given the same advice. As it was it was an uncomfortable experience but okay. I had some period like pains afterwards so I took some paracetamol and felt better about 20 minutes later.

My investigation was because I had some bleeding which my GP thought was caused by increasing my HRT and sure enough when I lowered my dose again the bleeding stopped. A friend of mine also had unexplained bleeding but was not on HRT. Like westie, hers was due to vaginal atrophy and was sorted by increasing her vaginal moisturiser.

I hope this helps and that all goes well for you.

Take care.

K.

Katejo

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2020, 03:40:47 PM »

Hello LouLou.

I suggest you take some painkillers before the procedure just in case you find it uncomfortable. When I had my hysteroscopy I noticed that in the waiting room other women were doing this and the nurses told me I should have been given the same advice. As it was it was an uncomfortable experience but okay. I had some period like pains afterwards so I took some paracetamol and felt better about 20 minutes later.

My investigation was because I had some bleeding which my GP thought was caused by increasing my HRT and sure enough when I lowered my dose again the bleeding stopped. A friend of mine also had unexplained bleeding but was not on HRT. Like westie, hers was due to vaginal atrophy and was sorted by increasing her vaginal moisturiser.

I hope this helps and that all goes well for you.

Take care.

K.
I was advised to take painkillers beforehand and did. They probably helped to reduce the period pain like symptoms afterwards but weren't enough to allow them to do a biopsy because my cervix was too tight.