Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Can sex cause more vaginal dryness?  (Read 798 times)

Superstar

Can sex cause more vaginal dryness?
« on: June 08, 2020, 09:22:44 PM »

I have recently been put on vagifem. I do notice that after sex I start to feel very uncomfortable and start experiencing pain. I have been using the Yes vaginal moisture but is there anything else I can use after sex that will stop this uncomfortable feeling that can last for days.
I have the urge to pee and therefore I take nurofen which helps. However I do notice that after sex, I become very dry and end up in pain. Can anyone recommend something please?

jaycee

Re: Can sex cause more vaginal dryness?
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2020, 09:50:36 PM »

Maybe you need to give vagifem more time to work, or try ovestin, which is a cream, used internally or externally or both ,
Works similiar to vagifem but more moist being a cream

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2020, 08:42:51 AM »

Use a lubricant prior to sex.  I have used KY Jelly successfully for over 30 years actually much longer  :o.  I also don't insert the 'ovestin' until after DH has made his move  ;)

There are Durex lubricants but I found these stung my already sensitive parts ........ have a look-C .  Tesco are good for choice.

Taz2

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2020, 09:14:49 AM »

It sounds as if the Vagifem is not working yet. How long have you been using it and at what dosage?

Taz x

Superstar

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2020, 08:12:41 PM »

I am using Overten for external use.
This is my 4th week using vagifem at 10mg and I know it will take time to work, but I'm in agony with this constant burning all the time. I am using the Yes moisturiser after sex but today I have been at my worst.
I have even taken iboprofen for the pain but today I am at my wits end. Every time I go for a pee it is painful and then it burns.
Please help!

Whatsupwiththis

« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2020, 10:04:04 PM »

So many of us can totally relate to what you're going through.  Vagifem takes a long time to work.  I think what's happening is the vagifem is starting to do it's job by plumping up your tissues and awakens nerves.  You may want to ask your GP if something like Amitrypline might get you over the hump.  It will get much better.  Good luck and hang on.

Tinkerbell

« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2020, 10:34:41 PM »

How many times a week are you using the Vagifem?