Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Help question re Evoril patches  (Read 552 times)

QueenofReds3

Help question re Evoril patches
« on: June 09, 2020, 12:28:14 PM »

Hello I hope you lovely ladies can help!
I have posted in the past but came off femosten conti tablets before Christmas. Lasted a couple of months then had terrible night sweats and aches again. I went back to the doctor who decided I would be better to try the patches as the tablets gave me stomach problems but the patches were not available so I restarted they tablets again. Then lockdown happened! After being on the tablets I decided I really wanted the patches so phoned the doc but no doc available I think it was a nurse who I spoke to who arranged a prescription for the patches Evoril continuous patches, luckily the chemist had two boxes left. I went home, read the leaflet but no info on if I have to stop the tablets for so long before putting patches on or just go for it. Any ideas? It says your doc should have advised but no one has. I tried ringing this morning but line continually busy. Sorry for lengthy post.
Thanks in advance.

Taz2

Re: Help question re Evoril patches
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2020, 12:40:37 PM »

Hi QueenofReds3 - I have had a look online at the patient info leaflet and I agree it is confusing. However this seems to be the part you are looking for. It says "Put an Evorel Conti patch on at the end of a treatment cycle or one week after you finish using another HRT product if:
You are changing from an HRT medicine that gives you a withdrawal bleed"

I think this means that you should start the patches at the end of your current treatment cycle because you are NOT changing from an HRT which gives you a withdrawal bleed.  If you were changing from a sequi HRT you would need a week off the progesterone hence the need in that case to have a break before starting the new type of HRT.

Not sure this makes sense but  :welcomemm:

Taz x

QueenofReds3

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2020, 01:02:06 PM »

Hi Taz2,

Thank you for your reply. I am glad it is not just me being confused, I read the leaflet too. My tablets are continuous and I do not have a bleed. I have a womb so need the progesterone part in either HRT. So if I am not sounding at all dim which is often at the mo😊 I could put my patch on tomorrow? I have not taken the tabs for two days just in case I had to leave it a week. I have everything crossed that these will be the elixir I am looking for. Xx

Taz2

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2020, 01:46:58 PM »

Yes that sounds ok. You might get a slight bleed due to not having the progesterone for a couple of days so don't worry if that happens.

Looking forward to hearing more from you.

Taz x  :)

QueenofReds3

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2020, 03:16:34 PM »

Thank you Taz, I will let you know how it goes. X

linz57

« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2020, 03:23:21 PM »

Last year I changed from FemSeven conti patch to Evorel Conti and I didn't leave any time in between . I was fine.  :)