Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Constant bleeding  (Read 786 times)

shrosphirelass

Constant bleeding
« on: June 08, 2020, 10:27:51 AM »

I am starting to get a bit worried. I have been bleeding for the last 19 days. First 2 weeks were light and very dark, more than spotting but not as much as a light period. The last 5 days have been like a period, bright red and it seems to be getting heavier and heavier with some small clots today. I changed from evorel sequi to evorel conti 3 months and have had bleeding on and off since then. Didn't have the same issues with the sequi. I had a pelvic scan late December which showed 4mm lining so could this be the conti settling in? I'm beginning to have concerns that its something more serious. I don't want to be taken off the evorel conti as apart from the bleeding I have been feeling mostly well and better than before I was on it.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Constant bleeding
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2020, 11:34:28 AM »

Is there anything in the leaflet in the packer, or maybe ring a Pharmacist for advice?  There is medication that can ease prolonged bleeding from a GP.

Or put the product name into the search box on the Forum to C what pops up?   

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2020, 01:56:54 PM »

Seems strange that some threads are read and comments made  :-\ - I HATED my periods so would want to solve constant bleeding at 'my' age  ;)

Taz2

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2020, 02:08:09 PM »

Hi shropshirelass - bleeding during the first six months of conti HRT is very common - it's listed on the patient information leaflet - and it can range from spotting, breakthrough bleeding or continuous bleeding. I had the continuous bleeding for six months then gave up and switched back to sequi. Some women get on with conti and some don't but it does seem quite normal for it to take a while to settle down. Clotting is a good thing - although it can feel gross as they come away - as it shows your clotting mechanism is working well. It's good that you have had a scan which should set your mind at rest somewhat.

Hope that it soon regulates itself!

Taz x

Katejo

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2020, 03:43:10 PM »

I am starting to get a bit worried. I have been bleeding for the last 19 days. First 2 weeks were light and very dark, more than spotting but not as much as a light period. The last 5 days have been like a period, bright red and it seems to be getting heavier and heavier with some small clots today. I changed from evorel sequi to evorel conti 3 months and have had bleeding on and off since then. Didn't have the same issues with the sequi. I had a pelvic scan late December which showed 4mm lining so could this be the conti settling in? I'm beginning to have concerns that its something more serious. I don't want to be taken off the evorel conti as apart from the bleeding I have been feeling mostly well and better than before I was on it.

Hi Shropshirelass

I have had bleeding with Evorel Conti which started 2-3 months after moving to full patches. The first time lasted about 8 days (Oct 2019)  and was similar to a period. I got it approx monthly after that. The last 2 months have been extremely light, lasting 2-3 days and sometimes barely needing a pad. Nothing at night at all. After 6 months I was required to have a pelvic scan and then a hysteroscopy last month. No polyps or fibroids found. They failed to get a biopsy because my endometrial lining was too thin and scanty (as the doctor expressed it). I was told that I could continue using the patches. I am supposed to have a follow up appt tomorrow but the visit to the hospital has been cancelled due to Covid. I was told yesterday that I should get a phone call tomorrow instead to discuss whether the HRT needs changing or not.
If I get to speak to a doctor, I will report what is said.   No bleeding so far in June so I am keeping my fingers crossed.

shrosphirelass

« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2020, 02:59:45 PM »

Thanks I'm going to carry on for 6 months if I can though the constant bleeding is a real nuisance. I changed from sequi to conti because of headaches hoping that the fluctuations would be less marked and therefore less headaches, which so far has been the case. If things don't improve Im going to see if I can try femseven conti when its available.

As I had a scan in December (the very end) would you say its unlikely that the lining has built up so much to be causing these problems?

Thanks all for the input.

Katejo

« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2020, 03:37:27 PM »

Thanks I'm going to carry on for 6 months if I can though the constant bleeding is a real nuisance. I changed from sequi to conti because of headaches hoping that the fluctuations would be less marked and therefore less headaches, which so far has been the case. If things don't improve Im going to see if I can try femseven conti when its available.

As I had a scan in December (the very end) would you say its unlikely that the lining has built up so much to be causing these problems?

Thanks all for the input.
Hi Shropshirelass

I did get the phone call but from a doctor in the team who hadn't previously met me. We agreed that I would continue with the patches and see if the bleeding finally stops as it has become much lighter. If it doesn't stop, I may drop the HRT and just use Vagifem. She will also write to the GP and recommend gel and progesterone tablets if there are further problems with getting the patches. I will have 1 more follow up appt later in the year.
I don't know the answer to your question about the lining. Did they check for fibroids and polyps before?

shrosphirelass

« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2020, 04:47:47 PM »

Thanks Katejo, have you had problems getting the conti? I got mine about a month ago, only 3 months worth so obviously I'll need more in the near future. I know it said there was going to be a temporary problem until June so I'm hoping it will be available agian and I notice the independint pharmacy haven't got any.

If bleeding is a known side effect of evorel conti in the first 6 months I don't understand why DR's send women for sacns before the 6 months is up. My dr would probably send me if I told him, so I'm not going to! I hope I'm doing the right thing, waiting. My recent scan was clear apparently. I've had small cysts in the past which were being monitored but I'm guessing they have resolved, maybe because I'm menopausal now.

Good that they're not sending you for further investigations.