Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: No patches available  (Read 1795 times)

linz57

No patches available
« on: June 05, 2020, 03:41:14 PM »

I've used conti patches for over five years, first FemSeven Conti and later Evorel Conti.I loved the Evorel but now cannot find it anywhere. I can't find any patches at all and have been told to change to tablets. I do not want to do that and the doctor won't prescribe Estrogel.
Is this a nationwide problem with all types of patches ?
I don't know why my apostrophes are showing up as question marks ... weird🤔
« Last Edit: June 05, 2020, 03:43:19 PM by linz57 »

Salad

Re: No patches available
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2020, 05:07:28 PM »

My apostrophes do that too   ;D
When I had trouble getting my patches ie the pharmacy said they were out of stock, I rang the manufacturer directly to have a chat.
They said their patches were available but only through two wholesalers. They said they were releasing boxes on a weekly basis. I then went to a pharmacy who used one of the wholesalers to get them to order my patches.
Might be worth a try  :)

Also, I'm wondering why your GP won't prescribe you gel  ???

Katejo

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2020, 05:26:35 PM »

I've used conti patches for over five years, first FemSeven Conti and later Evorel Conti.I loved the Evorel but now cannot find it anywhere. I can't find any patches at all and have been told to change to tablets. I do not want to do that and the doctor won't prescribe Estrogel.
Is this a nationwide problem with all types of patches ?
I don't know why my apostrophes are showing up as question marks ... weird🤔
  I managed to get my last prescription about a month ago. I was at Boots for something else and they advised me that they had a limited stock and recommended that I request my prescription slightly early.

linz57

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2020, 06:42:56 PM »

Ah thanks ladies, that's interesting regarding suppliers and Boots. I've spent the past two days checking every pharmacy I can physically get to, plus  online sources, I was even prepared to buy some to keep me going. I tried contacting Theramex via their website but the contact button wasn't working. Hmmm🤨
Maybe I?ll email them.
As for the doctor not supplying me with Estrogel, some time back I tried it along with Utrogestan for the prog. I didn't have a problem with the gel but I couldn't cope with the Utro, I've explained this and asked to try  Provera but he is adamant I've tried it and found it unsuitable. How I hate this not being able to see a doctor face to face.

Katejo

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2020, 03:28:00 AM »

Ah thanks ladies, that's interesting regarding suppliers and Boots. I've spent the past two days checking every pharmacy I can physically get to, plus  online sources, I was even prepared to buy some to keep me going. I tried contacting Theramex via their website but the contact button wasn't working. Hmmm🤨
Maybe I?ll email them.
As for the doctor not supplying me with Estrogel, some time back I tried it along with Utrogestan for the prog. I didn't have a problem with the gel but I couldn't cope with the Utro, I've explained this and asked to try  Provera but he is adamant I've tried it and found it unsuitable. How I hate this not being able to see a doctor face to face.
I was surprised  that Boots had it again because they didn't from last August until just recently. I had got 2 prescriptions from Independent Pharmacy but then they had run out too. Perhaps I will have problems again  next time.

lillith112

« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2020, 07:39:53 AM »

Yep same position, can't get any patches, I was on Estraderm patches and utro, locally I tried Boots, Badhams and Lloyds. Dr put me on Oestradose, which is a gel, I'm about a week on it and all seems fine, more of a faff putting it on every morning, as forgotten couple of times till midday lol. x

linz57

« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2020, 11:15:27 AM »

Menopause is being talked about in the media etc more and more these days yet available treatments are becoming increasingly difficult to get hold of. One step forward and three steps backwards, so frustrating.

racjen

« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2020, 07:25:39 PM »

My pharmacy has been unable to get Evorel patches at all for the last few months, but my GP changed the prescription to Estradot and they seem to have no problem getting those. They're a lot smaller too, which makes a difference when you're on 100...

Foxylady

« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2020, 09:04:46 AM »

Just aswell I came on here, it prompted me to put patch on. When I went for shower earlier patch 3/4 off so took it off, forgot until now to put another on!! ;D ??? ::)

Salad

« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2020, 11:49:04 AM »

Just aswell I came on here, it prompted me to put patch on. When I went for shower earlier patch 3/4 off so took it off, forgot until now to put another on!! ;D ??? ::)
;D

Katejo

« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2020, 01:20:32 PM »

This reminded me to change my patch thus morning.  Should have done it last night.

CherryC

« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2020, 03:55:37 PM »

Hi - Racjen, do you mind if I ask which pharmacy you are getting your Estradot 100 from? - I'm with Boots and they say they can't get it.  I'll like to try elsewhere.  Thanks x

Foxylady

« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2020, 06:25:00 PM »

I'm glad I'm not the only one Katejo!! ;D