Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: When to start utrogestan  (Read 2625 times)

Polpringle

When to start utrogestan
« on: June 05, 2020, 05:21:58 PM »

I'm really confused trying to work out the date to start Utrogestan.... should I start it on the same day each month to make it easier? I'm in Peri and this month after my Utro I didn't have a bleed so when do I count day 1?

lillith112

Re: When to start utrogestan
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2020, 07:44:23 AM »

I sync mine to my natural cycle, count first day of period as day 1, then I take utro days 15-26.

I have no idea what you should do if you don't have a bleed, I'm sure someone more knowledgeable will be along. I presume your uterus didn't build up enough lining to have a bleed. What estrogen and how much utro do you take ?.

Hurdity

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2020, 07:46:24 AM »

Hi Polpringle. It depends how often your periods are when you actually start the HRT cycle. The same day of the month idea is better for late peri or post-menopause. if your cycles are still pretty regular and are normally 28 days then stay with the 28 day cycle.

However once you've actually started HRT then you just keep on counting irrespective of whether you bleed or not. So if you took utrogestan Days 15-26 then you count Days 27 and 28 and then start your cycle again with Day 1, and then the next Day 15 start the Utro again.  Som,etimes the bleed will happen at the "wrong" time and you cycle might override it but if this only happens now and again then just carry on. If it is consistently out then you can maybe tweak the timing but cross that bridge later eh.....?

I used to find it easy to do the 4 week cycle because it was always the same day of the week to start and finish the prosgeterone and I used to time it so that I stopped the progesterone just before the weekend so that if I got a migraine I would be fine for work.

Hurdity x

Polpringle

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2020, 07:04:34 PM »

Thank you for the replies.
I'm 48 and presuming late Peri as my cycles are never less than 39 days.

Hurdity

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2020, 08:38:57 AM »

OK then therefore do as I suggested.  If this is your peri-cycle rather than what experienced throughout your reporductive life then just keep counting the days as a 28 day cycle. Take Utro days 15-26 etc irrespective of the bleed and if it goes completely out of sync then adjust a bit like I said. Good luck!

Hurdity x