Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Please help me  (Read 3415 times)

Baby

Please help me
« on: May 31, 2020, 10:55:53 AM »

I just don't now what to do. I cant live this life. My body is just full of anxiety and pain. I cann hardly function. My HRT doesn't help. I can't sleep without tablets and I never feel refreshed even when I get sleep. Saw mental health team a couple of weeks ago. They changed my antidepressants but no better. Got gritty eyes crying all the time ache all over knackered find the sun uncomfortable anxiety panic attacks losing weight and I do eat. Dont know where I fit into this world anymore,

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Please help me
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2020, 11:19:56 AM »

Well you do fit!  It's hormones.  Which can cause dreadful symptoms.

Why did 'they' feel it necessary to change your antidepressant medication?  Why not adjust the dose?  If I feel low for more than 3 mornings I up my dose for 5-6 days.  My GP is aware.

It can take a while for new medication to kick in.  HRT can take a while for the body to take up.  What do you take for anxiety?  This is a specific condition with appropriate treatment.  Give your Mental Health Team a ring today and tell them how ill you feel.  Or your GP Surely, there will be an emergency number for advice. 

It's OK to take the sleeping tablets for a short while, I found 3 nights then a break gave me good quality sleep.  If I get a bad night I know it will pass ......... hot weather is uncomfortable, I have to seek shade at this time of year and even then it's often too warm.  Find a cool space in the house? 

The body may ache due to tension.  Maybe a pain relief which will help relaxation too. 

Kathleen

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2020, 02:17:23 PM »

Hello Baby.

I'm so sorry that you are suffering and you are most definitely not alone. This can be a very challenging time in our lives but everyone says it does pass eventually. Small comfort when you are in the thick of it.

Your mental health team will obviously think that a change of anti depressant is the answer but perhaps your GP can suggest a different HRT for you?

I wish I could be of more help but please keep posting so that the ladies on the forum can support you.

Take care.

K.

Shell babes

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2020, 05:20:18 PM »

Sorry to hear about this, please be reassured that you are not alone. Hormones can make you feel dreadful but don't lose hope. Please speak to your mental health team or GP to tell them how you feel. Sending much love and hugs across to you. x

Bring me Sunshine

• Menopause really isnt that bad. said no woman ever
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2020, 04:40:38 PM »

Baby gosh you are so not alone but its easy to think you are as depression/amxiety can be so isolating, you think you are the only one going through it and what a pain you are to your family etc etc all the negative things.  I was going great guns since end of December when this hormonal blip came and still not through it, despite antidepressants, plenty of oestrogen.  Its a waiting game but by goodness its so hard faking being okay around people just to get through a day.  Evenings are easier daytimes hard.  Sending you a virtual hug and please know that nothing stays the same this crap period will pass but its hard to see that as you lose the path.  You will rejoin the path again and me and many others on here going through the same thing.  Bloody Hormones they have a lot to answer for!!!!

Tc

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2020, 05:27:02 PM »

Hiya baby. I just want to echo the other ladies sentiments and words.   And send a hug.  Xxxx

DS68

« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2020, 06:20:45 PM »

Hi Baby
I just wanted to agree with the others. I actually felt like I lost my mind a few weeks back. I was stunned at how bad I felt, depressed, anxious, a complete failure. Spent a fortune on books CDs online anxiety busters.  Nothing helped shift it and I was convinced that I didn't want to be around and make my poor kids and husband witness my state. I faked everything, even my little boys achievments I faked my happiness.  Absolute Crap the whole feeling.  I changed my femiston to gel and tabs and fought it.  I'm still not back but I'm trying and have a few good days now which I hope will increase. Dont give up, please hang in there, it will pass eventually. Live and hugs ❤️ were all here, and we're women - we got this 💪

CLKD

« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2020, 08:36:51 PM »

Bring me Sunshine: have you tried upping the Anti-depressant medication?  Sometimes the brain needs a boost occasionally.

Any improvement Baby?  I suggest you speak to your GP ASAP.

Bring me Sunshine

• Menopause really isnt that bad. said no woman ever
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2020, 08:40:54 PM »

Hi CLKD

Thanks for thinking of me.  I appear to be on the maximum sertraline 200mg (13 weeks) always an anti depressant has worked within 3 months before the menopause struck for bereavements etc reactive depressions.  Back 3 years ago when all this menopause stuff started no anti depressant touched it until the oestrogen level was right.  That appeared to be at the time 4 pumps of gel till the latest blip.  I am on **** loads of oestrogen at the moment so ive run out of luck or just have to be more patient.........................its hard work being menopausal!

CLKD

« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2020, 08:50:35 PM »

It certainly can be hard work.  Some find that if their ovaries join in releasing a small amount of oestrogen it upsets the levels of HRT for a while :-\ ........

Tnx jaypo

CLKD

« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2020, 08:54:32 PM »

It seems you have several threads ? so responses are becoming lost  :-\.  ........

CLKD

« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2020, 10:36:25 PM »

In which case Emma should amalgamate the threads ?

daisie

« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2020, 07:36:04 AM »

I just don't now what to do. I cant live this life. My body is just full of anxiety and pain. I cann hardly function. My HRT doesn't help. I can't sleep without tablets and I never feel refreshed even when I get sleep. Saw mental health team a couple of weeks ago. They changed my antidepressants but no better. Got gritty eyes crying all the time ache all over knackered find the sun uncomfortable anxiety panic attacks losing weight and I do eat. Dont know where I fit into this world anymore,
hi baby so sorry for how you are feeling ,i thought id pop in here to say i am feeling the same as you nothing seems to work on me im so sensitive to meds my life at the moment is all doom and gloom after having my right eye removed in november my mental health cant sink any lower i had eye melonoma i thought i had cataracts and things would be straight forward for me but no it was melonoma i had no choice but to have the eye removed im still in shock mornings are the worst and through the day but i seem to get relief at night time ,i know how you feel .my anxiety and depression is realy bad now the symptoms you describe are the same as me i  hope there is an end to all this .good luck x

Baby

« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2020, 03:24:19 PM »

Well Sunday night I was on the verge of walking in front of a bus. Panic attacks all day and crying. The last two days i feel tons better. Dont know if it's the antidepressants working or HRT starting to work. Hardly had any panic yesterday and today so how could i feel suicidal on Sunday. This is scary.x

Baby

« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2020, 03:26:45 PM »

I started my progesterone on Sunday night and had some spotting monday
Pages: [1] 2