Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Strange feeling of panic  (Read 1470 times)

KarineT

Strange feeling of panic
« on: May 13, 2020, 05:09:46 PM »

Hi Everyone,

I'm getting concerned and am wondering if what I am experiencing is normal.

I was perfectly fine this morning but this afternoon I had this weird stuff going  on.
Just after I switched my computer on to watch a film, I felt a surge of anxiety/panic for no reason.  It came out of the blue and it frightened me. It must have lasted 5 - 10 minutes and I remember thinking, this is it, this horrible feeling is never gonna go away. Before I would get anxious from time to time but never out of the blue. There would always be a trigger, i.e. thinking about something bad.or apprehending something. I am either peri or meno as I haven't had a period since January this year so hopefully it's linked to that.  Of course everyone is different but has any of you experienced such feeling?

Thanks

Karine

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Strange feeling of panic
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2020, 05:43:06 PM »

HORMONES though I had this for years.  Would feel fine then suddenly .......... I have to eat regularly to stop that energy drop.

KarineT

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2020, 05:51:34 PM »

I am not sure if it's energy related and the brain can't cope but it's horrible when it happened.  It makes one feel very vulnerable.

CLKD

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2020, 05:52:27 PM »

Yep.  4 me it can be really sudden.  It floors me.  Literally. 

KarineT

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2020, 05:57:27 PM »

But did you mention in another post that you are suffering or have been suffering  from depression and anxiety? If you don't mind me asking,what caused the depression/anxiety?

CLKD

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2020, 06:17:30 PM »

My family have a history of depression going back centuries.  Both sides.  Anxiety too, I had my 1st panic attack at age 3.  I was raised in a rowdy household with a lot of rows, it's in recent years that I have found out why.  So responses and reactions were instant, a learned action so difficult to talk myself out of.  It's physical.

KarineT

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2020, 07:07:35 PM »

I sympathise with you because these two conditions are particularly very difficult to deal with and treat. It's definitely not as easy as taking a paracetamol and feeling better afterwards.

I don't have these conditions but I grew in an alcohol environment and was put into a children home when I was 3 years old because my mother was incompetent.  She would not have been in a position to guide me through life and she died of an alcohol-related disease.  I am reflecting on this but this is not what's these current problems.  Yes, I have been worried/anxious in the past but only when I thought something was threatening like, maybe, going to a new job, fear of the unknown, etc. but never in my life have I felt anxious out of the blue.  It really must be hormone related for me.

Wish you all the best though.

Karine

CLKD

« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2020, 07:30:51 PM »

Oh that interview anxiety etc. - somehow I survived all those types of issues.  That type of anxiety was different due to the knowledge that once I got going it would disperse.  As anxiety should.  Same as singing on stage etc.. 

HORMONES  >:(  ::)

Miss Sunshine

« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2020, 08:21:50 PM »

Hi Everyone,

I'm getting concerned and am wondering if what I am experiencing is normal.

I was perfectly fine this morning but this afternoon I had this weird stuff going  on.
Just after I switched my computer on to watch a film, I felt a surge of anxiety/panic for no reason.  It came out of the blue and it frightened me. It must have lasted 5 - 10 minutes and I remember thinking, this is it, this horrible feeling is never gonna go away. Before I would get anxious from time to time but never out of the blue. There would always be a trigger, i.e. thinking about something bad.or apprehending something. I am either peri or meno as I haven't had a period since January this year so hopefully it's linked to that.  Of course everyone is different but has any of you experienced such feeling?

Thanks

Karine

My anxiety can be very sudden too although it is usually heightened a few days after my period.  It is very stressful and hard to cope with sometimes.  I find 10 minutes of meditation or some fresh air helps but it's not easy.  I am perimenopausal but I'm  already 50 so I've no idea how long this will carry on. 

hwils

« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2020, 06:32:48 AM »

I started experiencing this feeling the longer I went without a period. Am 51 & haven't had a period for 18 months. Sudden surge of physical panic really, like nothing I've ever experienced before, often just before hot flushes & not even at a time when I was feeling particularly anxious! I found they stopped after about 3 wks of HRT - Evorel Conti patch, so to me they?re clearly hormonal.

Kathleen

« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2020, 08:44:42 AM »

Hello ladies.

KarineT - I have had these experiences many times and I refer to them as surges.  I also have the reverse when I feel much better and calmer for a while. Definitely hormonal in my opinion and possibly a type of mood swing?

Take care.

K.

KarineT

« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2020, 11:51:36 AM »

Anxiety is one symptom but also the sadness and wanting to cry.   Sometimes it can happen for one or two days and it other times it lingers.  I have time when I feel fine though.  But more often than not I feel terrible.   I am currently taking Bach flower drops and I was told by the company who makes them that it takes a few weeks to work.  If it doesn't I will go for homeopathy and this doesn't works I'll no choice but go for HRT.

DS68

« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2020, 12:16:04 PM »

Hi Karine

I have had this too.. our of the blue at most unexpected times such as the elaxinf feeling quite ok etc

I have a similar background parents didn't drinkers and self destructing behaviours over many years. Spent time in care and unfortunately they send me back to the destruction which I normalised. Awful upbringing which I couldn't wait to get away from.

I'm sure it just impact somehow later in life I know I have thought about it more as I got older.

Great point for menus I stopped the cycle, don't drink, raised kids as well as I could with live and respect and as much happiness as I could.

Menopause has been very tough for me. Just the anxiety which I didn't have previously and overthinking pointless unchangeable things.

So your not alone at all, big virtual hug for you x

DS68

« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2020, 12:27:49 PM »

So sorry I seem to have written to that in broken English lol

Hope you could translate it !

Rewritten it below lol

I have had this too. Out of the blue at the most unexpected times such as the when im feeling ok etc

I have had a similar background - parents heavy drinkers - and self destructing behaviours over many years. I spent time in care and unfortunately they sent me back to the destruction,  which I had normalised. Awful upbringing which I couldn't wait to get away from. Drink drugs violence and criminal behaviour.

I'm sure it mpacted somehow later in life as i know I have thought about it more as I got older.

This whole history as sad and destructive as it was actually made me turn things around.

I stopped the cycle, don't drink, raised kids as well as I could with love and respect and as much happiness as I could. Gave all I had to give to make sure they had choices as they grew and they knew they had choices.  Eldest recently married and graduated med school. 🙂

Menopause has been very tough for me. Just the anxiety which I didn't have previously and overthinking pointless unchangeable things of the past.

So your not alone at all, big virtual hug for you x

Baby

« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2020, 01:35:10 PM »

The panic attacks are ruining my and my families lives. I just dont now what to do anymore. Dont know what part is depression and what part is hormonal. T
Had loads of blood tests etc all clear.eating regularly, good diet etc but the stress my body is under I keep losing weight.