Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Perimenopause  (Read 2123 times)

sheila99

Re: Perimenopause
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2020, 03:43:23 PM »

It's awful how ignorant most of us are but hopefully this is changing. I had no idea how many symptoms there were, I only knew about hot flushes and irregular periods until celebs starting talking about it on TV. It makes me so cross that many GPs don't know either, it's their job to diagnose it. The one I saw at 57 didn't know either but that time I'd worked it out (and wouldn't you think my age would have been a clue?)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2020, 03:46:17 PM »

Peri-menopause can throw up all kinds of horrid symptoms  >:(

Menopause - end of monthly periods.  Which can be any age.  Some girls never have a period, others a few then stop.  Some ladies have 'early' menopause, others go through without problems, others need HRT.

Time our GPs read up on The Change ?

sheila99

« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2020, 04:02:06 PM »

Definitely. Every GP should be able to diagnose it.

KarineT

« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2020, 06:54:03 AM »

GPs are pretty clueless.  When I was trying to find out why I was getting frequently dizzy, I asked my GP if it could be menopause-related and he replied that dizziness is not one of the symptoms.  Most GP aren't interested in the menopause because to them it's not an illness but a natural process that forms part of ageing.  So we end up in a situation where we don't know who to turn to.
Pages: 1 [2]