Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: utrogestan/estrogel bleed?  (Read 794 times)

kimdb

• First Flush
utrogestan/estrogel bleed?
« on: May 26, 2020, 08:09:18 AM »

Hi Im on both utrogestan/estrogel post menopause so no break for a bleed.  Today I started bleeding, Ive been on it for 4 months without any bleeding, should I be worried?

Hurdity

Re: utrogestan/estrogel bleed?
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2020, 06:25:22 PM »

Hi there kimdb. Your post got missed!

There is no need to be worried at this point, though what you decide to do about it depends where you are in menopause ie how long post-meno ie since last natural period before you started HRT and how old you are. Also the oestrogen dose. Some breakthrough bleeding is normal during the first 6 months of using continuous combined HRT if this is the first time you have been using it? You haven't said what dose you are using of both and whether you are taking the utrogestan orally and what dose (100 mg I presume?).

If you are on quite a high oestrogen dose it may be that the utrogestan dose is insufficient to keep the lining thin hence the bleeding?

If the bleeding continues, becomes heavy or prolonged or you haev pain or are worried in any way about the bleeding then do mention it to your doc. Stay alert - using the current catchphrase!

Questions is are you feeling better generally on this regime ie better on it than you were before?

Hurdity x

kimdb

• First Flush
Re: utrogestan/estrogel bleed?
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2020, 10:46:20 AM »

Hi Hurdity, thanks for taking the time to reply. Im on two pumps in total once a day at the moment and 100mg of the utrogestan per day since Jan 2020.  Ive was on continuous evoril conti for a year or 18 months, stopped in Jan completely for a month to try and come off HRT but hated the hot sweats so went back on to hrt but using gel and utrogestan in Feb 2020 instead of conti. Initially it didn't work so I doubled the dose then when it worked I reduced it back down to 2 pumps per day and its still working fine. Im 55 and pretty sure had stopped my periods pretty much before going on the continuous hrt 12-18 months ago.  I have to say I dont always wait 2 hours for the empty stomach for the utrogestan whether that makes a difference.