Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Agony with Vaginal dryness  (Read 2175 times)

Superstar

Agony with Vaginal dryness
« on: May 25, 2020, 09:22:30 PM »

I have just started to take vagifem this is my second week and I know this will take time to work. However I am really suffering with dryness down there and externally I am really uncomfortable. I am going to the toilet frequently as well as having a lot of burning sensation all the time.
Is there anything in the mean time I can use to put on the external genitals to help with the discomfort. I have started to use vagisan, which has helped but could anyone recommend anything else?

Mrs Bennet

Re: Agony with Vaginal dryness
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2020, 09:40:45 PM »

Hi Superstar.....i feel your pain 😔....
I have found the Yes products really helpful....i buy online but i think you can get them on prescription.....i use the yes moisturiser.....as you say the Vagifem takes time to kick in.....i hope you feel some relief soon.....i am sure some of the lovely ladies on this forum will be along to give advice as well....they have been a great help to me on this perilous journey xx

Superstar

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2020, 09:55:52 PM »

Thank you, I might try that. Does that give you immediate relief?

Mrs Bennet

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2020, 10:13:34 PM »

It certainly helps with the burning feeling as it is cooling..... you can use it inside and out 😊 .....there are other products out there its just finding one that suits you.....but having done a bit of research i think the yes products are a good choice.... they have a web site.....and i order directly from that x

Superstar

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2020, 10:41:24 PM »

Thank you Mrs Bennett, I will certainly look into it. I am uncomfortable all the time x

Dierdre

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2020, 09:59:01 AM »

Hi Superstar, im afraid it does take time to sort this and its a combination of things that will help. YES products are organic with no chemicals, these are the only ones I can use as I'm super sensitive.  Try the 5ml individual applicator water based lubricants first,  (on prescription) but a few hours before inserting the Vagifem. Ladies here have recommended Olive and Bee, put in the search box for details. I never use soap and wash with Cetraben, on prescription or OTC. I wash my pants on 60? wash, no soap powder, then tumble dry, wear only cotton. I also have Ovestin cream for the outer bits as Vagifem don't always reach there, ask your doctor if you can have that or Estriol cream, which is weaker so you can use more liberally.  If I have a flare up which sometimes still happens even after 5 years on Vagifem, I use Dermavate for a few days, this is steriod cream on prescription, very soothing and heals the sorness quickly.  Sitting for long periods of time is not good, (since lockdown I've worked from home, not sat at the office desk and have had a massive improvement) or wearing tight cloths, jeans are definately out for a while.  Try placing the vagifem on the bladder wall, aim for about 2 inches in, to sort out bladder frequency. Be patient, try and not stress as this can make it worse, it will get better.

Kathleen

« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2020, 12:52:45 PM »

Hello Superstar and welcome to the forum.

I also use Yes vaginal moisturiser with good results and I am not on systematic HRT or Vagifem.  My symptoms began a few weeks after stopping HRT and I tried several products. I do not use it internally so I don't require the applicator and I buy mine from Boots who order it in for me. I may also order online but it is also available on prescription from your doctor.

I am post meno and so far I have been fairly lucky with my VA  and this treatment because  I can wear jeans again. I also wear knickers in bed and even though they sometimes ride up my symptoms have not returned.  I am not suggesting the product is entirely responsible but  I thought you may like to hear of a different experience of this condition.

Take care.

K.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2020, 03:36:36 PM »

Keep up with the Vagifem, have you tried inserting two at once?  Also use a lubricant around the outer lips and anus, the idea being to keep things supple s that the area doesn't dry out.

If you are getting the need to pee feeling, take some pain relief: I use nurofen; 3 times a day for 5 days.  Eases that feeling really well.