Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Hrt and discharge  (Read 1656 times)

Midnight Shadow

Hrt and discharge
« on: May 28, 2020, 08:29:58 AM »

Please can someone advise me. Now on Ovestin cream externally and Kliovance HRT. This morning I noticed a white milky discharge. Is this the Oestrogen getting to work and doing it's job? Also been prescribed 3 days  Trimotheprin for possible UTI. Only 1 tablet left out of 6. Hope they haven't given me Thrush. Just need a little reassurance from you lovely ladies. Thank you.

Dierdre

Re: Hrt and discharge
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2020, 08:43:19 AM »

Sounds normal to me, if it dont have a bad odour or itchy, its fine.

Joaniepat

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2020, 09:40:02 AM »

What Theresa said. If any soreness,  itching or swelling, it's thrush. If any odour it's BV. You'll soon know. You could insert some MultiGyn Actigel to maintain the correct pH.

JP x

Midnight Shadow

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2020, 07:43:06 AM »

Thanks for responses. No itching so pleased about that, just a milky white discharge.This has come since taking 6 antibiotic tablets. Hoping it is my HRT getting to work, and  it subsides, as I really don't want anything else. Apart from antibiotics making me feel very nauseous had two good days Atrophy wise. Long may it continue.

Dierdre

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2020, 09:37:25 AM »

White discharge that doesn't cause soreness and itch is completely normal, lack of this and a decline in natural lubrication is what causes dryness and VA. It sounds like the HRT is now doing its job.

Midnight Shadow

« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2020, 02:16:04 PM »

Ah thanks Deidre, you have made my day. Thanks for responding.