Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Help re steroid nasal spray  (Read 1700 times)

Penguin

Help re steroid nasal spray
« on: May 10, 2023, 04:55:47 PM »

Hi everyone

Had a really awful cold/virus in mid Feb which left me with face pressure and post nasal drip / burny throat / itchy inner ear all on one side. GP said rhinitis which has become chronic. Was put on a steroid nasal spray beconase for this in mid March. It worked awhile then stopped working so GP gave me the next level up spray called Avamys which again worked for a bit (a whole week at one point lol) but has caused annoying side effects like a dry sore throat, burny tongue within half an hour of taking it which then lasts most of the day on and off, plus jittery anxiety which my hrt had previously got under control.

Anyway, I've decided to come off the spray and see if the post nasal drip is still there and possibly treat it naturally or at least reduce the reliance on taking the steroid every day. Does anyone know if I'd have to taper off it after taking it since mid March or if I can just stop? If I do taper, any idea how to do this please?

Thanks
Penguin

Penguin

Re: Help re steroid nasal spray
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2023, 05:29:46 PM »

Also, having seen someone else's post re sinusitis and linking it to hrt, it may also be relevant that I started hrt at the end of December and seem to have on/off issues with fluid balance.