Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Pressure deep behind nose  (Read 3721 times)

CrispyChick

Pressure deep behind nose
« on: May 24, 2020, 03:51:38 PM »

Hi. I'm hoping someone can help with this?

To cut a long story short. Developed horrendous vertigo and nausea. After what felt like millions of tests, looks like it was hormonal. Currently trying the pill to solve this. It certainly works for the vertigo and nausea.

During all this I got a lot of headaches and pressure in my nose, ears and head. Saw ENT - CT and MRI both clear. Sinuses clear. I began to wonder if this too was my hormones.

However, now I am very confused. First pill I tried gave me migraines, second one was only 20mg estrogen but gave me low mood. Up to a 35mg pill and I started to get intense pressure behind my nose which would give me mild throbbing headaches every day. So I switched again. To one I had tried before (during that trial my head was fine, but pill gave me anxiety - current decision was to try again) so the nose pressure and headaches have continued. So I have taken a 7 day break for first time in months. Period has arrived. I'm still getting the pressure deep behind nose and headache. Every afternoon!!!!

So, I'm now assuming not connected. Or was it connected and the high estrogen has swollen my sinuses. Not sure what to do??? I was convinced it would go as the estrogen drops 🤷‍♀️
« Last Edit: May 24, 2020, 03:53:22 PM by CrispyChick »

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Pressure deep behind nose
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2020, 04:28:46 PM »

When did you see the ENT Consultant?

CrispyChick

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2020, 05:32:13 PM »

Been ongoing going for last 2 years. He says there is nothing to see.

I do have rhinitis in my nose and a ton of allergies. But they are all under control at the moment. Plus, I've had them all my life. I was certain thd last pill which was 35mg estrogen brought this on...... But I've felt the drop in hormones on this week off and still got the pressure and headache 🥴. Whdn I got the migraines with the other pill.... They ceased within days of reducing the estrogen dose. These are not migraines though.

CLKD

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2020, 05:57:02 PM »

Weird.  Of course once we get something weird, we focus all the more on it  ::)

Does pain relief help?

CrispyChick

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2020, 06:14:02 PM »

Yes it does. But I don't want to be taking everyday

CLKD

« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2020, 07:39:08 PM »

Some pain relief can ease swelling.  Why not take it regularly for 5 days and review?

Lyncola

« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2020, 08:49:18 AM »

I understand the feeling.
Had a hysterectomy two years ago got my ovaries about 4 months later menopausal symptoms.
I use to get sinus about two times a year. But lots more with menopause.

The latest is now 7 weeks sinus pain in the jaw and around the face. And over three weeks of headaches. Some days it's just random short quick pain other days all day, and these bad days are now coming every third day?

I will go back again to my doctor next week, but I'm confused why so much headaches?
I'm using my Neti pot, nose spray. Sinus medicine with pain relief which I took too much and gave my even worst headaches.

I will asked my doctor if I should be concerned about anything bad (cancer?) and can we teat me too rule things out.

Good luck

jaycee

« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2020, 09:30:39 AM »

I get this,got it now bad headache nose blocked, pain behind eyes usually a sinus infection, and really bad tinnitus, driving me mad, and get antibiotics, but Drs closed and chemist, because its bank holiday

CrispyChick

« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2020, 10:26:44 AM »

Thanks ladies. Yes, I think there is a link. Getting this on and off since my initial peri symptoms appeared. I'm pretty sure I've triggered this with taking Brevinor. A 35mg estrogen combined pill. Two weeks into that pill, this started. It got so bad I saw a link and switched to a lower estrogen dose pill..... But still on my 7 day break the cloggy pain comes.

It comes every afternoon. 🤷‍♀️. I'm OK first thing. Wierd. And very very annoying.

Lyncola

« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2020, 09:19:29 AM »

I bought and trying a sinus nose spray for the next three days. I feel it's not going to get rid off my headaches. So got a doctors appointment lined up for Tuesday morning.

My headaches start 7.30am goes on through out the day. Get better after dinner and seem to be okay at night? I can put up with the pain if I have to, just be nice to have the doctor rule out anything  :o

CrispyChick

« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2020, 10:18:43 AM »

Lyncola, what sort of nose spray?

I already take antihistamines avd a steroid nose spray. All prescribed for my allergic rhinitis. Had those for years.

I tried a decongestant tablet yesterday. Helped a little, but not totally. Might try ibuprofen for 3 days, see if it's inflammation. I try and stay away from ibuprofen as I have stomach issues. 🥴

Lyncola

« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2020, 09:29:40 AM »

I talked to the chemist and was given Sudafed nasal decongestant oxymetazoline hydrochloride, what ever that means. I got it from Australia.
This is my second day and I feel better. But for the last week this is my pattern 1st day bad headache and sinus all day, 2nd day a little better, 3rd day 80% better, then it's starts all over again.
I will let you know how I go.

I'm hoping it's all being made worst with menopause?

Nanookster

« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2023, 02:50:06 PM »

Did you ever figure out what caused this? I am also experiencing the deep pressure feeling behind my nose.