Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: New and looking for advice  (Read 713 times)

Minerva77

New and looking for advice
« on: May 22, 2020, 07:57:26 PM »

Hello everyone,

I'm new here and have spent a lot of time reading everyone's stories and have learnt so much already that I didn't know.

I am looking for some help and advice.

I started peri-menopause at 37 I think this was linked to my thyroid. I suffered for ages with hot sweats etc and eventually last year when I was 42 went onto Evorel Sequi patches. At this time I was still having a period maybe every 8 months.

I found the patches ok after a few months   At first I felt anxious and a bit emotional but I felt it settled down. I was having the  withdrawal bleed fine for maybe 8 months and then it started to become very light or sometimes nothing at all. My doctor wasn't very helpful with this.

I had to have some cells treated recently on my cervix and I mentioned it to them at the clinic and they did I biopsy on my lining which came back as mild hyperplasia which they said was fine and due to my having hrt.

Anyway.... After 1 year of being on them, I ran out of patches and had to go cold turkey 4 weeks ago. I have been bleeding non-stop ever since and I wondered if anyone had any advice as to why this might be?

I have had so much trouble getting in touch with my doctor due to the current situation and eventually I just posted a request to the surgery for any alternative I could have to the Sequi as I know I'm too young to not be still talking HRT.

She has sent me some different Estrogen patches (Estradiol 50) and Progesterone 100mg one a day continuously.  I am nervous to take them to be honest and I don't know if it's even ok to start them while I am still bleeding. I have read it makes you drowsy and I hate the idea of this. Does this wear off after a while? I have 3 children and I don't like the idea of being dopey. I am probably worrying too much  :D

Any comments or advice is very much welcome and appreciated.

Thank you very much for taking time to read this x x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: New and looking for advice
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2020, 09:09:39 PM »

Hi! can't help but didn't want to read and run.

Maybe put the name of the HRT into the search box here.  Make notes about threads that pop up.  Did your GP suggest medication to dry up the continual bleeding?  There is treatment for prolonged bleeds.

Also make sure that you don't become anaemic. ;-).