Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Estrogel and Utrogestan  (Read 700 times)

lizzog

Estrogel and Utrogestan
« on: May 21, 2020, 12:32:31 PM »

I've been given Utrogestan to take continuously by my GP with Estrogel. I've been on this regime for around 3 weeks and I now feel crampy and am bleeding. I've not had any bleeding since last September!
My boobs feel sore and I feel foggy headed and can't concentrate.
Anyone any idea how long it takes for symptoms to settle?

westie

Re: Estrogel and Utrogestan
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2020, 12:46:07 PM »

Hi

As you have not been bleed free for more than a year ( that's is your last period was last September) and are therefore still considered peri menopausal, you should not be taking the Utogestan continuously as this is only the regime for post menopausal women ( who haven't had a period for over a year.

Probably the reason you are bleeding is that your own hormonal cycle is kicking in and the additional Estrogel is stimulating the womb lining. Others will know better than me but I think you should be taking the utrogestan on a cycle which is for 12 days a month.

Hope this helps

W x

lizzog

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2020, 01:09:22 PM »

That's what I thought.  It even says not to take it continuously on the label on the packet. I rang my GP and asked for confirmation about when and how often to take it and she repeated to take it daily.
I've got a call back tomorrow from her so will clarify then but I'm sure it's not right.

sheila99

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2020, 04:52:08 PM »

Your gp is wrong, westie is right. Unless she's watching  :o she won't know how you take it as it's the same dos.  If it was me I would take the first day of the bleed as day 1 and take 200mg utro vaginally for 12 days (think it's from day 15 but check if you're going to use it this way).