Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Changing from patches to gel/tablet I have been sticking my head in the sand to  (Read 806 times)

Katymac

& today I ran out!

So I have to start the new stuff

I was on evoral conti

And now I have utrogestan100 - easy enough a tablet a day - does it matter when I take it?

And oestrodose which says 1 x 1 a day and the prescription says 1 x 2 a day so which is it?

And I was so grateful not to react. To the patches am I likely to have an allergic reaction to the gel?

Can you tell I'm anxious? Changing meds always makes me nervous but right now?

Opal

Hello Katymac

I was on Everol Conti and was changed to Estrogel and the utrogestan100 best thing that ever happened, i was told the the amount to replace everol was 2 pumps and i take the utrogestan100 at night 

hope this helps

Katymac

Thanks Opal do you do the 2 pumps in the morning or split them?

I'll take the tablet in a minute - I may use 1pump tonight as I am terrified of having an allergic reaction to it!!

DS68

Just wondering do you take the gel daily continuously? And tablets last 2 weeks ?

Katymac

My prescription says take 1 at night

I have no ovaries but still have my uterus if it makes a difference

sheila99

If you're meno you take one every day, best done at night as it can make you tired (and if you use it vaginally it's necessary so it stays in). If you're peri it's 2 for 12 days then bleed a couple days later.

Katymac

I had my ovaries out so I guess I'm meno

Vaginally? I swallowed it!

Opal

Katymac

I use 2 pumps in the morning but was told i could do one in the morning and one at night and i take the Utrogestin every night orally

Hurdity

I had my ovaries out so I guess I'm meno

Vaginally? I swallowed it!

They are designed to be used orally or vaginally in the country of manufacture but in UK the hRT ones are only licensed for oral use. The fertility ones (same capsules but 200 mg instead of 100 mg) are used vaginally only. Many take vaginally due to side effects from oral use but most women probably would not want to take vaginally if using continuously.

Hurdity x

Katymac

Thanks

I didn't react - I was so relieved!!

I have done one pump evening and then morning so I have less at a time

What side effects do people often have?

Katymac

I read that the gel absorbs through your fat, I am quite short of fat everywhere but my tummy - but I guess it can't go there?