Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Bowels and sweating  (Read 1490 times)

Loganberry

Bowels and sweating
« on: May 19, 2020, 12:15:04 PM »

Hi Ladies,
Firstly I'm new to the website and want to say what a brilliant and helpful place it is, and a thank you to admin for validating me so quickly.

Im 50 yr old and in peri for about the last year or so, have been coping so far with all the hormone fluctuations and various changes to my body  :-\ but now Ive got to a point where I'm feeling very anxious about my latest symptom?......when my bowels start rumbling for a BM I get terrible sweating from my backside only. Its so bad I have to change undies, I've tried using baby powder and now use tissues inside my undies.   I now feel like it's a become a viscous circle as once I get the rumbles I start to feel very anxious which I think is making it worse. I'm on no medication or hrt

If anyone has any experience of this or something similar I would be truly grateful for any advice.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2020, 12:56:52 PM by Loganberry »

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Bowels and sweating
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2020, 03:22:37 PM »

Welcome.  BOWELS  >:(. HORMONES  >:(  ::)

We have threads on most things.  We talk about menopause too  ::).  The Change can throw up plenty of weird issues.  Our body is full of sweat glands ......... is the sweating from the anus or buttock area?  Is it sweat or bowel leakage?  Do you have a prolapse?

I have slow transit.  Unless we are out and about  >:( or going somewhere  :(.  Otherwise I have varying degrees of difficulties.  Sometimes it is absolutely OK, I get the urge, sit on the loo, hey presto!  Sometimes however, I have to go in a hurry which leaves me nauseous, sweating, shaking ........ usually due to loose motions. I have to sit quietly for at least 20 mins., a) in case the bowel needs to empty further and b) as it makes me feel weak.

Browse round!

Loganberry

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2020, 04:55:04 PM »

Hi, thanks for the reply, I will definitely browse, I'm glad I found the site  :)

it's definitely sweating from the buttocks, for the last few weeks I'm needing the loo in more of a hurry and can relate to the nauseous feeling you mention. I don't think I have a prolapse, but do have haemorrhoids.

I'm struggling with the fluctuating hormones and anxiety at the moment, and find it impossible to concentrate for any length of time which is not helping things.

CLKD

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2020, 05:48:32 PM »

Sounds normal.  We have a thread 'doing stupid things' as well as 'that strange woman in my house' ;-)

jaypo

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2020, 06:18:43 PM »

Is it just flushes?You can literally sweat from anywhere,in bed it's my lower back or abdomen,gets really hot,when your gut rumbles do you get anxious?This in turn can give you a rush of adrenaline = sweating

Loganberry

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2020, 09:06:43 PM »

Hi Jaypo
I am definitely getting more anxious when my gut starts to rumble now, i suppose I could be getting into a viscous cycle with it, I haven't suffered terribly with night sweats yet but maybe my time for them is coming soon.
Thanks for your reply

jaypo

« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2020, 08:31:54 AM »

A lot of us on here start having more food intolerances as we reach meno, I used to get awful bad bloating and rushing to the loo,until I was tested and found I was allergic to wheat,I've cut it out altogether and wow the difference,I still have slow transit like clkd,which does mean at times,when you've gotta go,you've GOTTA GO,it's more annoying than anything.Try making a food diary for a week or two,see if anything triggers your rumbles,it is worth doing  :)

Chihuahuachick

« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2020, 03:10:11 PM »

Hi logonberry.

Just wanted to say that the forum is brilliant. You will get a lot of help here.

Hope you get things under control soon.

Lots of hugs xxxxx❤❤❤

Loganberry

« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2020, 03:21:04 PM »

Thank you chihuahuachick
It really is a great place, nice to be able to ask questions and not feel at all judged. This really is a difficult time of life..... there was me thinking a few hormone changes and no more periods   ;D ;D
I'm now going to try jaypo's suggestion of a food diary and find something to quell the anxiety.
Hope you are doing ok xx

bear

« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2020, 03:48:10 PM »

Hi Loganberry,

Welcome  :)

This is a long but very comprehensive and interesting explanation of how our body reacts to all sorts of things through our autonomic nervous system, which is responsible for involuntary reactions. Sweating and bowel movements are amongst them.

https://www.bioscan.com/dtr_ans_overview.htm

Hope your perimenopause journey is short! I've suffered for 10 years  :o

BeaR.

KaraShannon

« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2020, 06:31:33 PM »

Hi Loganberry

From reading your replies, it sounds like sweating and I imagine its an autonomic nervous system response, the same one bringing about the bowel movement.  And I think that flushes can just be sweating?  I don't get flushes but I think someone here said the sweating may be the only symptom.  Flushes can be triggered by our digestive system's activity so I think that's why you're getting it.  I've had loads of weird symptoms, I'm finding a HRT patch is helping me, but of course there are different views on this. 

All the best.

jaypo

« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2020, 06:40:15 PM »

When this all started for me, I had like butterflies in my stomach,which in turn,we know that can cause needing the loo but these butterflies were actually an adrenaline rush,which I get before every flush,it's amazing what you learn  ;D

Loganberry

« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2020, 09:54:28 PM »

Thanks again for the replies, and to BeaR for the very interesting link.

All these things you are all describing fit with me, once my grumbles start it's almost like my brain kicks in with the dread of the sweat to come, and now becoming a viscous circle, but maybe this is my version of a flush...just without the actual heat and in the most strangest of places.  Once the grumbles are done it seems to settle down.

Oh my the joys of peri  ::) I wonder what's next

CLKD

« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2020, 10:36:45 PM »

Don't look 2 far ahead Loganberry -  ;).  But do read the threads about bladder problems and vaginal atrophy, forewarned and all that.

We grow loganberries - do you?